05. raising gazorpazorp

*this chapter has been edited.
i hope you all enjoy!*

Since the events of switching dimensions, Cas and Rick barely saw each other

Since the events of switching dimensions, Cas and Rick barely saw each other. Rick continued to refuse Cas on adventures due the combined trauma of burying her own body and the attempted rape making him quick to refuse every time she tried to join him and Morty. She hated the idea of not being able to travel the multiverse with Rick anymore but she appreciated Beth and Jerry didn't push on the topic and let her stay with them nonetheless. Cas assumed they both realized having an extra set of hands around wasn't so bad, especially one with Cas' power set.

And yet, in a moment of 'kindness' and to distract Cas from the boring life she was no leading without adventures, Rick dragged her into the ship. "I thought you were still banning me from your adventures, darlin'."

"Relax, it's just a-an alien pawn shop, Cas. Nothing dangerous." Rick shrugged, taking a sip from his flask as Morty climbed in the back. Cas looked down and smiled at that. "D-Don't smile like that... This i-isn't some act of goodwill, Cas. T-T-This is, this is to..." Rick trailed off for a moment, not sure how to really describe what he was doing without making Cas give that stupid smirk she'd give when he showed her some form of emotion.

"You're a softie, darlin'." Cas smirked and Rick scoffed in response.

"Shut up," Rick grumbled as he started the ship.

Once they got to the pawn shop, Rick began to bargain with the alien at the counter while Morty and Cas explored. During their exploration, Morty was quickly distracted by a female robot that was scantily dressed. "She's cute," Cas giggled before making her way to Rick, grabbing a few things on her way towards him.

"Look, I'm not paying 70 smidgens for a broken defraculator," Rick grumbled.

"That is multiphase quantum resonator," The alien argued back, crossing his arms. Cas noticed him glance at her and look over her body before turning back to Rick. Cas said nothing but she saw Rick's glare get a bit more intense.

"Well, does it defraculate?" Cas asked, speaking up with a raised eyebrow. "Fuck no," the alien replied and Cas frowned at that. She noticed Rick getting visibly upset as he huffed slightly. "Th-Then, Then it's a broken defraculator," Rick added, repeating his earlier point which only seemed to upset to pawn owner.

"Like you would even know dick about fraculation! Your planet just got cellphones, and the coverage still sucks!" He shouted one response and Cas gave an amused smile as Rick rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, and your species eats sulfur. So, let's say 60 smidgens, I tell you what, I'll do you a favor. I'll throw in a fart," Rick argued back and the alien's eyes only drifted towards Cas.