08. close rick-counters of the rick kind

*this chapter has not been edited. i originally planned to skip all the way until the episode that rick and cas finally get together but changed my mind cause i love this episode and want to show some angry and bitter cas content. anyways, enjoy.*

Despite her previous intentions to leave, Cas was still there a few weeks later

Despite her previous intentions to leave, Cas was still there a few weeks later. She had chosen to stay for reason she hadn't told to Smith's or Rick yet. The reasons were the fact that her father and uncle had yet to return home so she felt she had no reason to go home and be alone. Sure, she had people she knew back in Gravity Falls but she didn't have the people that made it a home to her. Her Uncle was searching the world, her cousins were back down in California, and she was sure her friends from the Mystery Shack had moved on with their lives by now.

Cas felt that despite the issues she was having with Rick, that the little town outside Seattle where the Smith family resided was where she belonged. She was still quieter than before but now it became common to hear sarcastic and snide comments partnered with a sour and grumpy attitude, especially towards Rick. Cas was still easy to provoke but she had better control over her emotions tying themselves to her abilities. Metal would shake around her when something provoked her, that something often being Rick, but she wasn't damaging the Smith's household items anymore. Adventures were rare for Cas as well, unless the need for her and her abilities became unavoidable and even then, Morty was sent by Rick to guilt her into joining.

It became an endless cycle for Cas and Rick of them going back and forth with arguments at the dinner table, in the garage or in the midst of an adventure. It was often childish things Cas would comment or do that would set Rick off, which would cause a domino effect into an argument.

Cas had changed her appearance on top of the way she acted and held herself now. The black jeans and green tank top were switched out to dark green, almost black, leather pants and a black long sleeve top with a slight turtle neck and a leather jacket the same color as her pants. Her once long, curly green hair was now short and cut just above her shoulders. Changing her look was something Summer had suggested during Cas' moping around, saying 'show Grandpa Rick what he's missing out on instead of leaving.' It took a while for that message to sink in, only hitting her moments before her planned departure. After a short dig through her old clothes and trip to get her things back from Gravity Falls, Cas was the polar opposite of what she once was.

The family currently sat at the dining table, Beth in the kitchen putting the finishing touches on her breakfast for Rick's anniversary of being back here at the Smith's house. Cas glaring at Rick while taking a sip from her orange juice. "W-W-What are you doing?" He asked, raising half his brow at her. She put the glass down, feigning an innocent smile. Usually, she sat next to him but now, Morty took the spot next to him and Cas was across from him next to Summer.