27. the rickchurian mortydate

*so... um... get ready for some angst in the second half of this chapter. honestly, the last chapter, this chapter and season four is big turning point for rick and cas so get ready for that. as usual for the last few chapters, enjoy some gravity falls references and finally a name drop of a very important gravity falls character, even though i haven't really been hiding who he is. i hope you enjoy because there is only about nine chapters after this one :). this is very, very not edited and sort of rushed btw, i'm sorry.*

"Why are you even here?" Cas asked, sitting on the couch in the living room as she stared at the bright yellow triangle that floated around her dream. The black and white filter covered the living room of the empty Smith house, the only color being Cas herself and the bright yellow glow. The dynamic in her dreams had quickly begun to change. What was one taunting and waking up in screaming, was now simply Cas realizing this was in her head and she controlled what happened. Now, it was like he was a parasite in her head that just wouldn't leave.

"You tell me," Bill Cipher's voice responded. "This is your head after all."

"That's right, you're in my head, after all. So I sort of control what you do?" Cas asked and the entity turned to look at her, his singular eye looking into hers. "And I clearly don't want you here so once again, why are you here?"

"Of course! Don't forget I spent eight years dormant in your head and another handful tormenting you, Andy," His high pitched voice responded. "I know your mind better than you do."

"Can't say I missed that nickname," Cas mumbled. It was a name that only Bill Cipher ever called her. Andy as a play off of her middle name, Andromeda. Back when Cas viewed the being as a simply imaginary friend when she was child, she was delighted by the name. Now, it sent a nervous feeling into her stomach and all throughout her body. "My powers have grown a lot since we last met, Bill. I think I have my own mind on lock by now."

"Are you sure about that?" If he could grin, Cas would imagine the grin in his face rivaling that of Cheshire Cat in that moment. "I know every inch of your mind, Andy. Every doubt you have about Rick Sanchez. How much you still care for your father despite his lack of caring for you. Your deep fear of your own abilities. You can't hide a single thought from me, even when I'm dead." Bill Cipher cackled and Cas glared towards him, clenching her jaw at the first thing he listed.

"Wow. I'm so scared," Cas mumbled sarcastically. "Like we've both said, you're in my head. You can't scare me," Cas shrugged.

"Then why am I still here?" Bill's voice taunted before snapping his fingers.

Cas woke up rather calmly after that, shaking her head slightly to get the sound of his laughter from her head. She was sitting on the couch, her head previously resting on Rick's shoulder. Rick snored next to her, leaning back into the couch with his mouth slightly open and his feet kicked up on the coffee table. One arm was around Cas' shoulder and the other rested on the couch with the remote still in his hands. "Every doubt you have about Rick Sanchez," still rang through her head as she looked at Rick. Her stomach only filled to the brim with nerves as the phrase went through her brain.

Cas forced a small smile onto her face, turning back to focus on the tv and leaning her head back on to his shoulder.

"So you're mining stuff to craft with and crafting stuff to mine with?" Rick asked, a glass of pure gin in a martini glass as he watched Morty play Minecraft. Cas watched from her seat on his lap, a martini glass filled with Sprite and the tiniest splash of gin. Cas could hold her alcohol fairly well and even used it as a tactic early on to get Rick impressed by her, but since then, she chose to drink as little alcohol as she could. She did, however, enjoy the game that Morty had been so captured by in the past few days. "Did your dad write this game?" Rick asked after Morty confirmed Rick's first question.