20. pickle rick

*anyways, i was having trouble with motivation on what to do during this chapter but i actually like what i chose and i hope y'all do too. i liked doing a chapter where cas isn't really around rick and to show more how she's sort of evolving to sort of be more like him, since rick has a habit of taking over people like he did with unity. anyways. i hope you enjoy this chapter with many pickle puns and the incorrect quote. i  have edited this for grammatical errors*

"Can I ask again why you did this?" Cas asked as she flipped through a magazine

"Can I ask again why you did this?" Cas asked as she flipped through a magazine. She sat on Rick's chair, her feet resting on the workbench next to him.

"You gotta, you need to you wait for, Morty," Rick replied and Cas rolled her eyes slightly at that. Minutes ago, Cas entered the garage just in time to watch her boyfriend fall on the workbench in the form of a pickle. She knew why he was doing this, of course. Beth was dragging the whole family, including Cas, to therapy for the divorce caused issues Summer and Morty were having at school. Summer huffing enamel and Morty wetting his desk in the middle of his history class. Cas didn't want to go but figured it couldn't hurt her when Beth told her to go because whether she liked it or not, she was still part of the family. She had been to therapy before and it was nothing new for her. "The payoff is huge, baby, I swear."

"Why make such a big dill out of it?" Cas smirked and she couldn't see his face but could imagine he was rolling his eyes at the pun.

"Are, Are you proud of yourself for that?"

"Oh, I'm definitely relishing in it," Cas replied, laughing quietly at her own joke. She heard the door open and Morty peak in. Cas stopped flipping through the magazine, setting it on the desk as Morty entered. "Cas? W-where's Rick?" Morty asked and Cas pointed over towards the pickle.

"Is he invisible and he's gonna, like, fart on me?" Morty asked and Cas shook her head.

"Flip the pickle over," Rick spoke up.

"What? I'm gonna touch it and you're gonna tell me it's an alien dick or something?" Morty asked, looking at the pickle. "Nah, he's not gherkin' with you, Morty," Cas smirked and she could hear Rick sigh at yet another pickle based joke.

"Damnit, Cas. Just flip the pickle over, Morty. You're not gonna regret it. The payoff is huge," Rick explained. Morty hesitantly grabbed the screwdriver next to the pickle, turned it over with the tip of the screwdriver. Morty rose a brow at the sight of Rick's face on the pickle. "I turned myself into a pickle, Morty! Boom! Big reveal - I'm a pickle. What do you think about that? I turned myself into a pickle! What are you just staring at me for, bro? I turned myself into a pickle, Morty!"