25. morty and cas' mindblowers

*so, this chapter has some gravity falls references. this chapter is not skippable, unfortunately. in all, you really need to know that Cas is basically just being haunted by the main villain of Gravity Falls who is supposed to be dead. there might be a few out of character lines for rick but like i said, he's secretly a huge softie for cas so it's okay :). uh, i hope you enjoy this unfortunately short chapter and the lovely incorrect quote.

edit: yeah. okay. so this is the beginning chapter of an arc related to gravity falls. i wrote it pretty poorly and rushed to be completely honest. however, i am working on editing the story and that will include making this plot more connected to rick and cas and make more sense. thanks*

Cas looked around and saw the world around her entirely black and white

Cas looked around and saw the world around her entirely black and white. She stood in the middle of the living room in the Smith house but a few things were changed. A few photos were distorted and everything around her was eerily still and quiet. It was a familiar beginning to a dream for her. "I know you're out there," She called out, sitting on the couch. "I'm not as gullible as I once was."

"I don't believe that!" A loud cackle called out.

"Believe what you want," Cas said and crossed her arms. "I should have known you'd come back. You always do,"

"I told your dad we'd meet again one day! Unfortunately, that day will not come for a very long time," The high pitched voice called out. Cas could hear it like the owner of the voice was circling around her. "After all, I'm nothing more than a figment of your imagination!" He cackled loudly and Cas furrowed her brows at that. She knew who the voice was but she hadn't seen him in her dreams since she left Gravity Falls.

"Well, that's comforting," Cas mumbled.

"Not for you," He taunted. "Or for the guy next to you."

Cas shot up quickly, almost startling Rick next to her. She was breathing heavily and her body was left in a cold sweat as she pushed her hair from her face. She could see Rick next to her as he groaned and almost rolled off the futon from Cas' sudden jolt. "Sorry," Cas mumbled and stood up from the futon. "I need... I need to get some air," she said awkwardly before quickly leaving the room.

"What the hell?" Rick said as he stood up, following after her. He found her in the kitchen, shakily digging through the cabinet of alcohol, and watched her with a furrowed brow. "W-w-what just happened?" Rick asked after a moment of silence.

"I just had a nightmare," Cas shrugged, "It's nothing new." She pulled out a bottle of vodka which made Rick's eyebrow shoot up.