09. ricksy business

*this has been edited for grammatical errors. btw. canonically, rick is about 6'4" and before i knew that, i made cas around 5'5" so he's about a foot taller than her. and according to the episode morty's mind blowers, morty is about 5'3" so cas is only about a couple inches taller than him and she's like in her early 30s oops. anyways, i hope you enjoy!*

"Bye, Mom! Bye, Dad!" Summer said as Jerry packed the car in the driveway

"Drive carefully," Morty added.

"Have fun, you two," Rick shrugged and Cas snorted. "Yeah, every couple has fun on a romantic, Titanic themed getaway," Cas replied sarcastically causing Rick to chuckle lightly. The tension between them shifted from an angry tension to only a slightly awkward tension that happened before. Cas let up on Rick after seeing how emotional he got during his memories of her but the two never mentioned it beyond that. Instead, the two went back to unclear flirting and cracking jokes like nothing ever happened, just with a small smidge of awkwardness due to clearly unresolved feelings for each other.

"At least someone understands," Beth grumbled, clearly not enthusiastic about Jerry's trip.

"Let's loose the 'tude, please." Jerry said, finishing packing the van up and shutting the door. "It's supposed to be romantic," Jerry pointed out and Cas rose an eyebrow at that.

"If we had ever gotten together and you took me on some Titanic getaway, I'd punch you in the throat." Cas whispered which made Rick snort, laughing lightly at Cas. "If we had gotten together, it's the first place I would have taken you." Rick joked back quietly and Cas elbowed him lightly in the stomach, holding her own laughter back.

"Speaking of disasters, Dad, we are leaving you in charge here." Beth said but Cas knew she'd be the one actually watching over the kids and was the one Beth was actually leaving in charge. Cas was usually the childish one but when it came time, Rick could be exceptionally more immature when he wanted to be. "I know, c-can we wrap this up? Morty, Cas and I *burp* have some synthetic laser eels oxidizing in the garage." Rick hurried, pointing behind him at the garage.

"Hey, don't blow me off," Beth snapped, "I am drawing a line, okay? Any damage to this house or those children when we get back and... n-no more adventures with Morty."

"Aw, geez, Rick, if my moms the one saying it, then you know it's pretty serious this time," Morty said.

"That's right," Beth and Jerry said at the same time. "Wait. What?" Jerry added quickly.

"Listen, you have my word as a caregiver, everything's gonna be fine. If not, like you say, no more adventures or whatever. It's like that old song, blomp blomp-a noop noop, a-noop noop noop!" Rick assured and Cas gave him a confused look, "You guys know that song? From Tiny Rogerts. You never heard of it? You know, the black effeminate guy from the '50s?" Rick asked, nudging Morty and then Cas who both shook their heads.