Chapter 23: Maybe They'll Leave You Alone But Not Me

I walk home with Brendon simply because I didn't want him to be late and I didn't want him to get lost in case he wasn't one hundred percent sure where we were going. When I get to my house, I knock on the door. Brendon looks at me with confusion.
"I got kicked out," I explain. He nods. It takes my mom a good few minutes before she opens the door. She must've been doing something.
"I assume this is Mikey?" She asks. I nod. Hopefully she's buying this. We enter my house and the warmth of home begins to course through my body. My mom pulls me into the kitchen with her.
"Why is Brendon here?"

Fuck, she recognized him.
"He's here becau-" Brendon walks into the room before I finish my sentence, causing me to fall silent.
"I'm here because Frank is afraid you won't approve of his boyfriend. He's dating this guy named Mikey and he's not exactly our age. He's not that much older, only a couple years or so but he didn't want to make Mikey feel weird. Mikey is going through a lot of shit with his mom. Or maybe he doesn't want you to meet Mikey because he's one of Frank's teachers' brothers," Brendon blurts. Does he ever fucking shut up?
"Wait a sec, Frank, how did you meet Mikey?" My mom asks.
"I met him at a concert... Because he's the bassist," I say. It's the truth.
"How old is he?"
"Early twenties," I say.
"Do you have any actual pictures of him?" I shake my head. I didn't have any of Mikey at all.
"Call him," my mom instructs me.
"What? Why?" I ask.
"I wanna meet him. The real him."

I pull out my phone with shaky hands and dial Gerard's number.
"Hey sugar," he answers.
"Is Mikey there?" I ask.
"Yeah, why? What's up?" I walk out of the room to talk more privately.
"I kinda fucked up," I whisper.
"How?"
"I told my mom that it was Mikey I've been hanging out with and I had Brendon pretend to be Mikey and come to dinner tonight but my mom recognized him and now she wants to meet the real Mikey and it's still better than her thinking its you, I guess," I explain.
"Well, propose this to your mom, ask her if Mikey and his brother can come over since I haven't eaten and that way we can make sure that nobody says the wrong thing," he offers.
"And you'll help me tell her I need a tutor because I'm failing while you're over, right?" I ask.
"Sure," he laughs.
"How long will you be?" I ask.
"A good half hour," he answers.
"See you then, babe," I say before hanging up. I walk back into the kitchen.
"Mikey can come. He wanted to know if his brother could come. I said it was alright. Is that okay?" I ask.
"Yeah, sure," my mom replies. Good.

While we wait for them to arrive, Brendon and I sit on the couch and watch TV while my mom makes dinner. Usually I would help but I need to plan how I'm going to make it look like I'm in a relationship with Mikey, not Gerard. I could-

Brendon places his hand on my thigh, breaking my train of thought. He starts moving it up my thigh. I grab his wrist.
"What are you doing?" I ask.
"Just having some fun," he replies.
"Don't do this. You might end up regretting it. You wanted our friendship back? This is a great way to ruin it," I say.
"You're either really squirmy or you really like Mikey. Geez," he sighs. He removes his hand, thank god.

Soon after, there's a knock on the door and I run for the door. I swing it open and throw myself into Mikey's arms in a hug. I see Gerard standing behind him and I blow him a kiss. Gerard smiles.
"Come on in," I usher them in. My mom walks into the room. Mikey hands me a dozen roses with an awkward smile.
"We better put those in a vase," my mom says, walking back out of the room and returning with a vase with some water in it.
"So you're Mikey?" She asks, grabbing the roses and placing them in the vase. Mikey nods. Mikey moves out of the way and my mom sees Gerard. Her face lights up. I recognize the look in her eyes as she shakes both their hands as a greeting. I know what she wants. She wants in Gerard's pants. Unfortunately I can't break it to her that I'm already in them.

We all sit around the dinner table as my mom dishes out the food. I look from Gerard to Brendon who are both sitting across from me, Mikey is sitting beside me and my mom will sit at the end of the table. Mikey slides his hand into mine and I blush. I know I have to put on a show, I just feel really uncomfortable doing it.

We begin eating and I hope my mom doesn't ask too many questions but somehow I know that that won't happen.
"So Mikey, how long've you been with Frank, my son?" My mom asks. He looks at me with fear in his eyes and then looks at Gerard.
"About uh two months," he replies.
"I don't remember Frank going to a concert two months ago," she states. Fuck.
"I snuck out that night," I mumble.
"Now the truth comes out," my mom sighs.
"I don't care that you're gay, Frank, but I wish you would trust me more. I've already told you that," she says.
"I'm sorry."

The conversation dies momentarily as everyone digs into their meals but Gerard is just playing with the food on his plate.
"Is something wrong?" My mom asks Gerard.
"There's no easy way to say this..." Gerard begins. My mom raises her eyebrow.
"Frank is failing biology and the reason I wanted to come over was to tell you in person in case he didn't tell you. I'm going to have to tutor him," he explains. My mom looks furious.
"It's not a big deal, mom," I say. My mom takes a minute to reply, calming herself.
"As long as by the end of the year, you're not still failing. If it's gonna work and you're grade is gonna go up, do what you need," she sighs.

We finish our dinner in relative silence, the only exception being when somebody would ask for the potatoes. After dinner, Brendon, Mikey and Gerard get up to leave. I kiss Mikey's cheek and he blushes. I wave them goodbye as they leave, Gerard looking slightly perturbed.

After everybody left, I help my mom clear the table and wash the dishes. She doesn't say anything and I'm kinda glad. I don't want a lecture, honestly. I dry and put the dishes away quickly and head upstairs to my room. I lay down on my bed with a much needed sigh.

I hear a weird hollow knocking sound coming from my window. I stand up and walk towards my window, opening the curtains to reveal Gerard. I open the window and he climbs in. His lips are on mine as he pushes me onto the bed, throwing his shirt to the floor. He grinds hard up against me and I moan. My pants tighten as he slides his down. His kisses are hungry. He bites my lip as he pulls back, removing my shirt, my pants and underwear. His lips are back on mine as he grinds up against me again. I groan. He slides his pants and boxers off and throws them to the ground with mine. He stops kissing me and in the dark, I watch as he inserts his index and middle finger in his mouth, wetting them. He removes his fingers from his mouth before sliding them into me. I lean my head back and moan as he begins to pump them in and out of me. He pulls them out and switches his fingers for his dick and I groan as he presses himself into me. He moans as I tighten around him. I dig my nails into his back and he lets out a whimper. He speeds up his pace of moving in and out of me, moaning my name every so often and cursing quite a lot.
"Such dirty words from such a pretty mouth," I purr. He pushes in harder and I moan his name. His body is slicked with sweat as he continues to move in and out of me with ease. I wrap my legs around his waist, groaning. He moves his sweaty hair from his face and arches his back as he releases, whimpering my name. He rides it out and I release second after him. He lays down beside me on my bed. I lay my head on his chest, feeling the sweat on his skin and his accelerated heartbeat.
"I'm sorry. I just really needed you. I don't like sharing you with my brother, even just acting," he pants. I go to reply but just as I open my mouth, my bedroom door swings open.

------------