9. I'll meet her

The next morning, Type woke up to an empty bed. Tharn wasn't beside him, or anywhere in the room. His keys and jacket were gone. There was only a note.

    Don't worry. I didn't leave. I just went out to get you some pain reliever.

    Type smiled to himself. He did have a small headache and pain reliever would be much needed.

    A second later, Tharn entered the room. Their eyes locked with one another's before Type smile shyly and looked down.

    "I figured you would still be asleep. You drank a lot last night." Tharn said sitting on the edge of the bed, pulling medicine out of a bag he was holding.

    "Thank you." Type said taking it.

    Tharn watched him carefully, dying to ask questions. Does he remember? Does he regret it? Did he mean it?

    "How are you feeling?" Tharn asked instead.

    Type swung his legs over the edge of the bed and sat next to Tharn, their arms brushing one another's.

    "Not to bad, surprisingly." He told him. "Just a small headache."

    Tharn nodded, looking down at his hands that laid in his lap.

    "Thank you." Type whispered, making Tharn look at him.

    "You already said that." Tharn said back.

    "No." Type said shaking his head. "I mean, thank you for last night."

    So he did remember. Tharn have him a gentle smile and nodded.

    "You didn't have to tell me what you did."

    Type sighed. "I did. I needed you to know everything. I needed to let everything out. And, I have no fucking idea where to go from now, but I want you to help." He said resting his hand softly of both of Tharn's. "I'm not sure what I'm feeling. I'm not sure if I even like you completely. But I'm sure that I feel safe with you and I liked kissing you last night."

    Tharn smiled and nodded. "One step at a time?"

    Type nodded and gave a wide smile back. "One step at a time."

    "Well, how about we start with getting breakfast." Tharn said standing up. Type nodded and smiled up at him as he stood.

    "Breakfast sounds good. Let me get dressed." He quietly slipped away. He was still a little shy, but really wanted to know what his feelings meant.

    It was scary to think about this stuff. It was embarrassing as well. He had never been in any type of romantic relationship with a man. Tharn would be his first.

    And he didn't entirely hate that idea.

    Type quickly washed up and got dressed before they headed out to a small restaurant to get breakfast.

    It was a silent breakfast. Both silently stealing glances at one another. Neither one knowing what to say.

    When Type finally did speak up, he was shy about it, his cheeks turning red. "Should we go on a date?"

    Tharn cleared his throat. "Is that something you want? This is about you finding out who you are. I'll do whatever you want." Tharn told him.

    Type smiled softly. "Then, let's go on a date. I've never actually be on one before."

    Tharn smiled and shrugged. "Don't worry. I've been on plenty."

    Type nodded and looked back down at his food. Of course he had been on lots of dates. He was a man's man. He could have anyone he wanted, and anyone wanted him.

    Type was only a little jealous. Only a little. Or so he told himself.

    "How about we start with something small, though. Like dinner and a movie. Friends do it all the time so it won't be so much like a date." Tharn suggested. Not wanting to push Type so far.

    Type nodded. "I'd like that." He said smiling.

    Tharn smiled back at him and they finished true breakfast. Neither one of them had classes so they just went back to the dorm.

    Tharn had to work on some homework so he sat down at his desk and put his headphones in. It helped him concentrate better.

    Type sat on his bed and began reading a book until hid phone rang. It was his mom.

    "Hi, mom." He answers with a smile playing on his lips.

    "Good morning, my son." She greeted.

    "Is there something you need?"

    "Well, I was just calling to check in with you. It's been a while since you've called and I was wondering how my beautiful son has been." She said.

    Type chuckled and shook his head. "I've been good. School has kept me really busy. I'm sorry for not calling." He apologized.

    "Don't worry, dear. Actually, I'm calling about something else as well." She said, a hint of guilt in her voice.

    "What is it?"

    "Your father and I want you to come meet someone."

    Type looked to Tharn who was still doing his homework, lightly nodding his head to the music.

    "What if I'm already seeing someone?" He questioned.

    "Is it serious?"

    "Not yet."

    "Then you can come. It's not serious so it'll be fine."

    He sighed deeply and glanced at Tharn one more time before nodding his head and answering.

    "Okay. I'll meet her."

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?