28. No More Questions

Tharn rubbed the back of Type's neck as they stood outside of the courtroom. "Just breath. I'll be in there with you. Just pretend you're telling me, don't focus on them."

    Type let out a shaky breath. "I'm scared. What if what I have to say isn't enough?"

    Tharn sighed and pulled Type into a hug. "It's okay, baby. Maybe a kiss will help." He suggested.

    Type have him a small smile and shook his head. "Not a chance."

    "But I got you to smile." Tharn said and he wrapped his arms around Type's waist.

    Type rolled his eyes, still keeping his smile. "What time is it?"

    "9:26. We should probably go in." Tharn said with a sigh.

    Type nodded and grabbed tightly onto Tharn's shirt. "Don't let go." He said quietly.

    Tharn nodded and grasped his hand tightly as they opened of the large door in front of them.

    A few years turned as they entered. At the front, two tables were occupied. Max in one of them and a woman and her son in the other.

    Type closed his eyes and took a deep breath. His worst fear had come to life. The things he had nightmares about.

    And that meant that Max had done it to other little boys.

    Tharn and Type took a seat in the first row, behind the woman and her son.

    The woman held her son close, her arm wrapped around his shoulders. She looked kissed and disgusted, but sad at the same time.

    She was probably feeling the same thing his mother was feeling when she found out. Type not only hurt for the children, but the parents as well.

    Tharn and Type sat there, listening to Max try and defend himself as much as possible. Different witnesses were called up to the stand. They we're asked questions by both parties.

    Tharn held onto Type's hand tightly the whole time. At least until Type was called to the stand.

    Type looked terrified, but Tharn gave him one little squeeze before he stood.

    Type dropped Tharn's hand and immediately felt cold and alone. When he got to the stand, he stared straight at Tharn, who gave him a nod.

    "Type," Max's lawyer began. "You told the police that you were about 7 when he started touching you, correct?"

    Type cleared his throat and nodded. "Yes." He said, his eyes still on Tharn.

    "I don't about you guys," he said directing his attention to the jury. "But doesn't that seen a little inconsistent of the age group he is being accused by?" He shrugged. "He 'prefers' boys who are the youngest 12. Why would he make an exception for you?"

    "I don't know." Type answered honestly.

    "Unless of course you might be lying." He gave another shrug.

    Type scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Who would lie about something like this?"

    "There are unknown reasons behind multiple offenders."

    "I'm not the offender." Type pointed to himself and then at Max. "He is."

     "Run me through exactly what this 'offender' did to you."

    Type wanted to jump over the stand and beat him senseless. He wasn't so panicked anymore, just angry.

    "Which time?" Type asked with a sneer.

    "The first time." The lawyer instructed him.

    "I was seven, like I told the officers. My parents were out and we had this routine. He would take me to the ice cream shop and buy me ice cream before bed. When we got back, when he was tucking me into bed, he decided to climb in instead." Type told him.

    "How long had you known Max before that?"

    "A while, I guess. A couple of months. He and started babysitting me when my parents and older brother got a little busy."

    The lawyer nodded his head. "Mhm. And how long did he baby sit you before he left?"

    "Two years." Type answered.

    "And how often would he babysit you?"

    "Almost four times a week, depending on what my parents had going on that week."

    "So, he was with you for almost 4 times a week for 2 years?"

    Type cleared his throat and nodded, his panicked eyes were back and we kept glancing at Tharn.

    "Type, I couldn't help but notice the man you came in here with, and the one you keep glancing at since you've been up here. Do you mind if I ask who that is?" He questioned.

    "He's my boyfriend." Type answered honestly. There was nothing to hide now.

    "So you're gay?" The lawyer asked, leaning against the edge of his table.

    "I've been with women before, so I'm not entirely sure. I don't like to label things."

    "But boyfriend is a label, so for the sake of this, we'll just say you're gay." He looked down at a paper in his hand before looking back up at Type. "You were with Max so much. Do you think this could have led you to maybe like him more than what other may have perceived?" 

    "What?" Type asked, in disbelief, with a small breathy chuckle.

    "Did you feel attraction to Max?"

    "I was seven!"

    "And everyone always says that those who are attracted to the opposite sex know from a young age, and you clearly are attracted to the opposite sex. Maybe Max helped push you to this conclusion. And maybe you were mad when he decided to leave you."

    "I was seven years old! I didn't even know gay was a thing." Type raised his voice.

    "Then, maybe you were mad Max had turned you into something you hate."

    "Yes. Because he rapped me."

    "I can feel the hatred radiating off of you, Type. Hatred can do things to you."

    "The only thing that has done something to me was that!" He said pointing a Max. "That sorry piece of shit that calls himself a man. Sir, do you have a wife?"

    "Yes. I do."

    "Imagine every time she touched you, even if it was just a hug, you felt terrified and disgusted with her and yourself. Imagine waking up every night for years from nightmares. Imagine not being able to look at yourself in the mirror because you hated how you looked because it may have possibly attracted a psycho. That is what I want through for years after he left. I was seven years old and for you to stand there and question me about my boyfriend and sexuality. For you to imply that he turned me gay only makes me hope your career doesn't last long." Type's looked around at the courtroom. He cleared his throat and sat back. "To answer you question, I do hate Max. But not because he left. Because of how he made me feel. Because of who he made me."

    "No more questions your honor."

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?