Let's Discuss

So, as most of you probably know, TharnType EP 12 came out today, this morning for me. He are my thoughts on that episode and the series as a whole.

Point 1. Mew and Gulf fit Tharn and Type perfectly.

    •In Love By Chance we saw Earth Watthamasetsiri play Type. I like Earth as an actor, but I don't think he fit Type's character, especially after reading the book and now the show. I think he fit the role of Tharn better. Mew and Gulf chemistry is amazing and even off screen you can see that they are close with one another.

Point 2. The kissing scenes were amazing.

    •In a lot of dramas, the kissing scenes are mostly just the two boys putting their lips against each others, not even puckering. TharnType sure as hell isn't one of them. We've already seen, from What The Duck, that Mew can kiss, and since the actual TharnType book is 50% sex I think they did a good job with the intimate scenes. My favorite kiss seen is definitely the Ice Kiss towards the end of EP 12.

Point 3. Recasting

    •I've already said that I like Gulf playing Type better, but sometimes recasting doesn't always go over well. Sometimes the actors don't fit the character we knew before or aren't good at acting. TharnType, on the other hand, did well with it....for the most part. Gun is handsome and good at acting, but I feel like they made a really good choice by bringing in Mild. He has a different energy to him and one that fits Techno more. I also didnt like Gun's facial expressions. I don't mind the recasting of Tum, for him I could go either way. They both did a good job. For Tar, I preferred Earth. He just has a much younger look to him then Kok does. Kok is also 25 while Tar is supposed to still be in high school. He is a great actor, though. For Technic, I preferred Kris, the actor who played him in LBC. It's another case of Kenji, TharnType actor, being older a lot older then the character is supposed to be. The only big problem that I have is the fact that, now, I can't see Techno and Kengkla, who they didn't recast, together. Mild and Mark just don't match all that well. It would still be interesting to see.

Point 4. Lhong

    •So, I'm not the biggest fan of Lhong. No one is really. He did some really bad things and he honestly deserves what he gets in the end, but a part of me can't stop myself from feeling sorry for him. I understand the feeling of liking someone and them not liking you back. It hearts and it's hard, but it honestly is no excuse. I like that they gave him a short episode explaining that whole backstories. They did an amazing job casting Kaownah. Even though he is a rookie actor, you honestly couldn't tell. He plays such a good bad guy. And I can't wait to see him play Fahfon in That's My Umbrella. Hopefully he get a happy ending in that.

    •And let's appreciate how freaking amazing his visuals are.

Point 5

Point 5. Type and Tar's Plan.

    •I didn't actually know about Type and Tar's whole plan until I read a spoiler from the book after watching episode 11. It is actually a really smart plan and even though the two still don't get along they put their differences aside to help one another and, as we can see in LBC, they do end up becoming closer. They share a common back story of being raped and that was Type's motivation in helping Tar. EP 11 made me tear up (I swear I didn't ugly cry in the middle of my bedroom floor....in the dark.) They did a good even though you could tell they both wanted to tell Tharn about it.

Point 6. EP 12 As A Whole.

    •I, as we all did, spent a couple of weeks waiting for the final episode and was not disappointed. I watched it live and it was really different from the one on Line TV. I enjoyed both, but the Line TV one is much better. It was one of the best final episodes of a show I've watched. Tharn and Type reuniting was quick but also emotional and nice. Type saying I love you for the first time was the highlight of the episode. I also enjoyed the Tin and Pete moment as well.

Point 7. Tin and Pete

    •It was brief moment, but much appreciated and welcome. It showed us that Tin and Can are together, which I already know from reading the second book. And Pete's just adorable. I can't wait for LBC season 2, which will be weird because of the cast changing back.

Those are really all my main thoughts on TharnType. It was an amazing series and I hope we can get a season 2. It would be much appreciated.

Don't forget to watch through the official links.

Chapter 17 will be coming to you soon.

-Lukas