22. Special Guest

"Special guest?" Type questioned.

    "Oh. I don't want to ruin the surprise. You'll just have to wait and see when you guys arrive." She said, sounding excited.

    "Okay. Well, I'll see you tonight than."

    "I love you, son."

    "I love you too, mom."

    They said their goodbyes and hung up.

    "How was that?" Tharn asked as he dried his hair with the towel. He had come out of the bathroom in the middle of the call.

    "It was mom. She invited us to dinner tonight. I said we'd go." Type informed him.

    Tharn smiled wide. "That's great."

    Techno looked between them. "Well, I just came to check up on Type, but he is clearly fine, so I'm just gonna go. Sorry for interuppting." He said before rushing out of the room.

    "She invited us to dinner." Type repeated.

    Tharn stood up and kissed the side of his head. "Well, I'd better wear my best outfit, than."

    "Do you think she'll still hate me after tonight?" Type questioned.

    Tharn laughed and shook his head. "There's not way. If she invited us to dinner, then she wants to accept us. So, let's give her the chance to."

    Type nodded, feeling better then he was a little over a week ago. And it was all thanks to Tharn.

    The two spent most of their day shopping. They went to different store in the mall, buying different things, from clothes to a new, bigger bed.

    They ended up at a bubble tea place before heading back to their dorm.

    They would have to hurry home and get dressed if they wanted to make it to his parents on time.

    Tharn dressed himself in a clean, navy blue, button down shirt. He rolled up the sleeves a little and paired it with a pair of white pants.

    Tharn wore a plain black t shirt and a pair of jeans, to which he tucked the shirt into.

    Tharn drove them, placing one hand on the steering wheel, while the other one was placed firmly on Type's thigh.

    They listened and sang to music with the car windows down, enjoying the time they had before they arrived at Type's parents.

    They had no idea how it was going to go, but Type was determined that nothing was going to break them up. They had just gotten together, for real, and he knew Tharn felt the same.

    They pulled into the driveway, behind a black car that Type didn't recognize as one of his parents or his brothers.

    Type turned and kissed Tharn firmly on the lips. "Let's go." He said.

    They exited the car and their hands found each other's once again. They walked to the front door and Type gave a small knock before entering.

    "Mom? Dad? Two? He called.

    There was no answer, but he hears laughter emanating from the kitchen so they headed towards it.

    His mother was standing at the stove, stirring something in a pan, a wide smile evident in her face. His father was sitting at the table with a glass of whine with his brother who had a similar glass of wine. Smiles evident on their faces too.

    Another boy sat at the table as well, though. He looked to be a few years older then Type. His hair was dyed a dark blonde color and his skin was clear. Type recognized him immediately.

    "Max?" His voice was small. Tharn's eyes widened slightly.

    Max? The Max?

    "Type." He said standing up with a smile. "So good to see you again."

    He made his way over to Type, wrapping arms around him tightly, hugging him.

    Emotions flodded type. Ones he hadn't felt since those nights all those years ago, and ones he'd felt every day since then.

    He was to disgusted to hug back.

    Max pulled back, taking in Type's grown up image.

    "You look great." He commented.

    Type busted stared at him. His mother laughed, not understanding as to why Type was truly acting the way he was.

    "Shocked right? I told you we had a special guest. Max called us up yesterday and we figured we'd invite him to dinner." His mother told him.

    "That's....great." Type said, trying his best to make his smile look genuine.

    He could feel the anger radiating off of Tharn, but he also knee Tharn wouldn't so anything, because he didn't want him to. It he did, his secret would be out, and Tharn knew Type didn't want that.

    "Dinner's done. Why don't you set the table, Two." His mother said. He obeyed and grabbed some plates and silverware, setting some out for everyone.

    They all took their seats. Max sat directly across from Type and Tharn sat next to him.

    Tharn placed a comforting hand on Type's thigh, rubbing it gently.

    "Max, this Tharn. He is Type's boyfriend." His mother introduced proudly.

    Max's eyes widened. "And you allow this?"

    "Well, it was difficult at first, and we're still trying to understand, but yes." Type mother's said.

    "I think that's such a wonderful things for parents to do. Accept their kids unconditionally." Max said, placing a hand on hers, giving her a proud smile.

    "Thank you, mom." Type said, giving her a smile as well.

    "So, Type," Max directed his attention toward Type. "How have you been? You look good. You haven't changed much."

    Type cleared his throat. "I'm going to college." He told him simply.

    "That's good. I decided to skip college and do independent study." Max told him.

    "And what do you do now?"

    "Well, right now, I run a youth center downtown."

__________

Thoughts in this chapter?

...