29. Verdict

Type stepped down from the podium and took his seat next to Tharn.

    Tharn's hands were already on Type before he even say down though.

    He caught Type who fell into him, seeking his comfort.

    Tharn wrapped his strong arms around Type's shoulder and held him close. Type let out a thankful breath and huddled into him.

    "We'll take a short break." The judge banged his gavel and stood from his seat.

    Tharn and Type stayed until most everyone had filed out of the room.

    Tharn pulled Type up and helped him walk out of the room. He took him out to the front of the courthouse so he could get some fresh air.

    "Just breath. It's okay." Tharn said quietly as he rubbed his back.

    Type shook his head and let out a small whine.

    Tharn pulled him up into a hug. He held him tight. He let Type's tears soak his shoulder. He didn't care, because he wasn't going to let him go anytime to soon.

    "Just let it all out." He said quietly and Type did just that.

    He held onto Tharn like his life depended on it. It truly felt like it did, though. He held on and Tharn didn't let go.

    He even continued to hold him when he dropped to the ground. Tharn went with him, holding him in his lap.

    Type wasn't able to say anything for a full two minutes. Tharn didn't pressure him either. He couldn't imagine what he was going through, but he knew he wanted to help.

    "Are you okay now?" Tharn asked softly.

    Type let out a shaky breath and lifted his head with a nod. "I feel better."

    Tharn helped him stand up, supporting his arms and waist just in case.

    "Do you think you can go inside again? Or do you want to stay out here?" He questioned.

    Type shook his head. "I want to hear to verdict." He said making his way back into the courthouse.

    Tharn followed him quietly as they headed back into the courthouse and back to the room.

    No one was in there except them. Everyone was still taking the lunch break.

    Tharn and Type went to the front and took their seats again.

    Type leaned his head against Tharn's shoulder and let out a deep breath. "Thank you."

    Tharn gave him and little chuckle. "For what?"

    Type lifted his head a little, now resting his chin on Tharn's shoulder. "For not thinking I'm disgusting. For not completely running away. For being yourself and showing me that everything will find a way to make itself better again."

    Tharn smirked. "This would be a perfect moment for a kiss." He whispered.

    Type laughed and shook his head but leaned forward, placing a simple, chaste kiss on Tharn's lips.

    When he pulled back Tharn groaned. "You like to tease me, don't you?" He questioned.

    Type laughed again and nodded. "Yeah. I kinda like it." 

    Tharn smiled softly at him. "I love it when you smile. Please don't ever let it disappear."

    "As long as you stay with me, it won't." Type replied.

    Tharn slowly leaned forward to place another kiss on his boyfriend's lips, but Type turned quickly.

    Tharn laughed and shook his head. "Still in the doghouse?"

    Type smiled and shook head. "No. I just like to tease you."

    Tharn laughed and hugged him tightly. They both let their smiles fade and they snuggled into one another, waiting for the lunch to be over so they find out the verdict.

    Type wasn't actually sure how long they sat there but, soon enough, the judge entered again and so did Max.

    Tharn felt Type tense up so he squeezed his thigh with a comforting strength.

    More people filed into the courtroom and not long after so did the jury.

    Type clenched his fist in his lap. One of the members handed a piece of paper to the officer who handed it to the judge.

    The judge stood and took the paper, opening it and reading it before clearing his throat and looking up.

    "We," he began to read. "Find the defendant guilty on 12 account of child molestation and statutory rape."

    There was a bunch of clamor around the courtroom, but Type didn't hear any of it.

    He let out a breath he felt he'd been holding his entire life. Everything was blocked out as he let it sink in.

    Twelve accounts? He felt sick but at the same time joyous. He would be going away for a long time.

    "I hear by sentence the defendant to a maximum of 5 years for each account, with no chance of early probation or bail."

    Tharn pulled Type up, but he was like a rag doll, still not fully believing it. Tharn held Type's face his both hands, making him look him in the eyes.

    "It's over, baby." He said shaking his head.

    "It's over." Type repeated to himself quietly.

    "Yeah." Tharn said nodding.

    Type launched himself forward into Tharn's arms, letting out a few tears as he did so.

    "Dont cry, baby." Tharn said tangling his finger in Type's hair. "Let's go home. Do you want to do that?"

    Type nodded against Tharn's shoulder. "Please."

    Tharn supported Type as they walked out of the courtroom and then the courthouse.

    Tharn was sure Type would sleep well after all the crying, and he knew he needed it.

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?

Don't forget to follow me for more updates on different stories. 😊