13.Jane & Ellen (6)

???: "I'll explain, he likes changes in his life and these colours represent those changes, although they don't stay with the same colour forever...they change too."

So this could mean that I was sleeping in his room, that could explain why it was so clean.

The girl suddenly stops.

???: "go on ahead without me, that door over there will lead you to him."

You walk past her and get to the door at the end of the corridor. You carefully open the door and walk in. He was sitting near a table reading some papers, there were weapons around the place which he was probably examining.

He noticed your presence and placed the papers on the table and turned back.

???: "oh you're here, come and take a seat."

You sit in a chair and across the table he sat himself in a sofa.

???: "now tell me, where did you get this?"

He placed the blade which you had with you this whole time but never put it on. He then waited for your answer for a couple of seconds.

???: "are you not gonna talk?"

His voice was calm but you could tell that he was getting impatient.

Jane: "why do you care so much?"

???: "I'm the one who asks questions and you have to answer them."

Jane: "I'm no slave to you, so I don't have to-"

Something wrapped around your neck and started to choke you.

???: "you're making this very complicated for me, tell me where.did.you.find.it?"

It chokes you even more and doesn't let you talk.

???: "before you talk about slavery again, I want you to know that I'm trying to help you."

That something that was choking you let's you go and you're able to breath again.

If I answer him the way I did before he might kill me or turn me into a slave.

Jane: "someone was sent to kill me and that someone had it on them."

???: "and that same person gave you the hidden blade and said that it was from your mother right?"

You stay emotionless and don't say anything.

???: "I never thought that she could actually find you dear daughter."

Jane: "what?"

He got in to his shadow and got out behind you and placed his hands on your shoulders.

Father?: "I know that it might be hard to believe but I'll tell you what happened."

He doesn't seem to be lying and his abilities are the same and yet I still don't want to trust him but....I want to know more about what happened.

Father?: "when you were born we couldn't keep you with us because it would have been too dangerous, so we had to give you to 'them' for protection. Your mother resisted, even in her condition when she was getting weaker every day because of her sickness. She didn't want them to have you protected only because we wouldn't know where you are... she chased after them and I thought that she will understand and come back but she didn't... I looked for her for many years but couldn't find her...loosing you was bad enough but loosing my wife was what left me in despair."

He hugged you tightly while you still didn't know how to feel about this.

Jane: "someone was after you?"

Father?: "they haven't stopped even now..."

You look up to see his face full of tears but it wasn't tears of sadness, it was tears of happiness.

Was he crying because he got to see you up close or because he could finally talk to someone without having to hide any secrets...or perhaps both?

Father?: "sorry for being pathetic but having you near me makes me happy."

Jane: "it's still hard to believe your story."

Father?: "knowing you and what you had to go through to become who you are now, I'm not surprised why it would be hard to believe this."

Jane: "tell me, who are those people that are chasing us?"

Father?: "I'm not sure, they've been at it for many decades but let's leave that talk for later."

He let's you go and uses his shadows to try and bring the blade from the table to him.

Father?: "you might of figured it out already but the reason why you can't use magic is because I'm near you, if there was an enemy, you would be able to use them again but after killing it or trying to attack me you would loose them."

Jane: "so that I wouldn't kill you the moment I saw you?"

Father?: "you could try, I'm sure you would loose hahaha...but this was made in case I let my guard down around you but now that you know who I am, I can give you this hidden blade myself."

I would have killed him if I had put it on sooner.

He gently took your hand and placed the hidden blade on it. You felt your powers come back to you but they were stronger, more then half of it wasn't yours.

Father?: "she even gave you all her strength that she had."

You looked at the hidden blade and there was something written on it.

"to my beloved daughter Jane"

Father?: "now you have to choose, kill me or let me live."

Jane: "what's the point in killing you? The only thing I'm worried about is why are you turning those girls into slaves?"

Father?: "At first, I was desperate in getting some followers, i wanted to be someone in this world, to get allies like we had with your mother but before I knew I couldn't quit."

Jane: "why?"

Father: "important people that I care about would start to die and I didn't want that (sigh) this work that I'm doing is pretty complicated and...dark."

He was basically screwed the moment he started this.

Jane: "I can't say that I fully understand but if it's really like that then...."

You tried to stab him in to his feet but his shadows protected him, you didn't stop there and kept pushing the blade. The hidden blade absorbed the shadows and pierced his flesh. You made some deep wounds in both of his feet, he didn't resist or say anything, he just endured the pain.

You left some wounds on his chest and arms too but he was still standing. When you looked at the blade it wasn't covered in blood but in shadows which made it sharper and a bit longer. Only now you understood what deep wounds you left on him but that didn't bother you.

Jane: "this will be a small punishment for you, you could have done many things differently but you chose this pathetic path."

Father: "heh...I guess I... should say welcome back...Jane."

Jane: "instead of talking you should do something about those wounds cause if you drop unconscious I won't help you."

Father: "a bit too cruel...but knowing what I did to them...I can't really blame you b- *cough* *cough*"

He coughed up blood and was about to fall to the ground but his shadows stopped the fall and got him back on his feet.

Father: "I guess I'll go, she will tell you what to do next."
.
.
.
Slow updates I know but I can't do much about it.