15.Jane & Ellen (8)

Jane: "tell me about the people that have been chasing us."

Father: "I don't know much about them, it could be that we have done something to them that made them this angry at us."

Jane: "have you tried capturing any of them?"

Father: "yes, but whenever I tried to they would killed themselves with poison that was hidden in their mouths, some killed themselves with needles that they hid under their skin or with their own magic. I did capture one successfully but she didn't talk, eat or drink no matter what I did to her. Feeding her forcefully also didn't work, she would spit everything out."

Hidden capsules with poison... needles to strike vital spots and magic, capturing one will be really tricky but...

Jane: "I'll have to think of a way to capture one then."

You finished eating as you said that silently to yourself.

Father: "I'll leave you to rest then, the next time you'll wake up we will start the training."

Jane: "sure *yawn* I'm looking forward to it."

He took the plate from you and was about to leave.

Jane: "one more thing, how did you heal so fast?"

Father: "the food you ate had special medicine in it, what would take a few weeks for others to heal it takes a day for us, get some rest now."

He leaves the room before giving you a smile. You lay down and start to think of how you will get out of here and when you planned everything you fell asleep.

Ellen's P.O.V.

This here....that there...mix these up and.... there. This should... no, this has to help her.

You take the mind healing potion and walk back to the girl.

Slave: "is that what you need to start this?"

Her gaze was still full of lust as she asked that.

Slave: "don't get me wrong, I'm patient but sitting here with these chains around me makes me want you even more."

Ellen: "open your mouth."

She obeys and you pour what was in the potion in to her mouth.

Slave: "this almost tastes like-"

Her eyes widened as she looked at you with the eyes of a whole different person. Her eyes were asking for help even the moment when she was falling to the ground. You looked at her unconscious body with a smile.

It should snap you out of it, I only wish I could be here for you when you wake up.

You release her from the chains and leave the house. You had an idea of where to start looking for her, so you headed there.

*10 minutes later*

You were back at the place that you won that girl, it was empty and silent now. You got onto the stage and started looking for a hint. You looked through most of the places where the entrance could be hidden.

No hatches or anything like that, the only place that's left is...

You looked at the curtains that were probably covering a wall and summoned a dagger in to your hand to cut the curtains. After you cut it, a wall that was in a pretty bad condition got revealed to you.

No wonder they would hide this.

You checked the whole wall a few times but couldn't find anything.

If it's not here, it has to be somewhere around here. Jane, a hint would be great.

You keep walking until something gets your attention, the shadow of the house was not matching each other. The shadow had something sticking out while there was nothing on the house itself.

Could this be a hint from Jane?

You walk in to the building and start to look for another hint. The house was worn down, there was a lot of dust and spider webs. Although the place was old, it had signs of someone being here not long ago.

I'm sure that Jane wouldn't leave any traces behind.

The traces led you to a hatch, it had a lot of dust and some things thrown on to it so that it would be barely visible. You opened the hatch and there was a ladder leading to some sort of a basement. You jumped down and used your magic to light your surroundings. it seemed more like a tunnel then a basemen now.

You kept on walking through the tunnel but soon had to stop because someone got in your way.

???: "you came here for Jane or are you just another intruder?"

Ellen: "let me through peacefully, we don't need to fight."

He just laughed at these words.

???: " you're Ellen, right?"

Ellen: "you've got the wrong person."

???: "I thought it might be you, the friend that she had missed but if you're just another intruder then...."

He took a step back and became one with the shadows. You let the orb that was lighting your surroundings float in the air and summoned a bow. With the help of the orb you were able to dodge a few shadow daggers, he also tried to destroy the orb but it didn't work.

You were shooting arrows wherever you felt his presence, you tried to predict his movements a few times but you missed every shot. It felt impossible to hit him since he was changing his locations fast but every moment where he didn't attack you used it to concentrate even harder to predict his next location. The fight took a while but you soon felt tired. Yhe orb was taking a lot out of you but you knew that if you let it disappear, you will die instantly.

???: "you know, your pretty strong but long fights aren't your speciality."

His daggers seemed faster now or was it that you were getting slower?

He was now only going for fatal spots and you started to focus more on dodging than attacking. There were a few times when you couldn't dodge and you would have died but your death never came. It made you think that he was only trying to get you tired.

You soon gave up on dodging and stood in place. The blades went past you but one stopped right in front of your face.

Ellen: "why are you not killing me?"

???: "why? Because she needs you Ellen."

Ellen: "I told you that my name isn-"

???: "you can't lie to me, I can see through you."

Ellen: "I'm not Ellen."

The blade moved down to your neck.

???: "I'm starting to hate assassins for acting this way until they die, you all just ask for it but what if I were to tell you that I am Jane's father, would you believe me?"

Ellen: "what? Your joking."

Ok, he got me, now he knows.

???: "its the truth."

The blade near your neck dissapeared.

Ellen: "where... where the hell have you been!? Where have you been when she needed you!?"

???: "its complicated...even now...she will tell you more after she wakes up but for now, follow me."