35.Grace & Isabella (11)

You wake up feeling pretty well rested and the first thing you do is stretch in this soft and comfortable bed you were in.

How nice....

You open your eyes but instantly close them because the white light was a bit too much for you. You try again but more slowly this time and let your eyes adjust to the light. When they do, you finally get the chance to look for the source of light. You look to your right then to your left, the walls around you are almost as bright as the light from the ceiling.

Isabella: "M-master? Grace?"

You kept calling out to them while trying to find a way out of the room. The door was locked and there were no other ways out. You sat down in the corner and covered your face with your hands, as slowly bad thoughts started to fill your head. You weren't scared to be alone, you were scared of the person that might be your new master. This room didn't help much either, you have to many bad memories with small rooms like this.

Suddenly the door unlocks and opens, you hear footsteps coming closer to you. With every step they were getting closer and that only brought more fear to you. Until the footsteps stopped and you felt hands wrap around you.

???: "Shhhh, it's okay, no one is going to hurt you."

You raised your eyes and looked at the woman that was trying to comfort you. She was wearing a maid outfit with a whip attached to her hip. She noticed that you were looking at it and then took the whip into her hands and threw it on the ground next to the door.

???: "I won't use it if you behave, sometimes you guys are pretty aggressive so I have to be prepared. Anyway, it seems that we're not the first  that have come to your aid, you're pretty lucky you know that?"

You didn't understand what she meant at first but then you thought about master and doc and how much they helped you with your injuries.

???: "I have a feeling that you had a good master and probably got lost in the forest or something. What were you doing there anyway?"

You didn't want to tell her the truth so you came up with a story that you've heard from some other slave.

Isabella: "I had t-to bring a letter to my master b-but I lost it o-on the way back a-and-"

???: "And you went looking for it, that's unfortunate. Don't worry though, we will not keep you here for long, after all those wounds need to heal up, and maybe I'll even find a way to help you with your confidence too."

The way she talked seemed genuine but something about her didn't feel right.

???: "I will have to introduce you to my master after we're done with our little ritual."

Isabella: "Ritual?"

???: "haha, I said a little more then I should have."

She smiles towards you and then turns to leave.

???: "See you later."

When she took her whip and left the room you heard her lock the door, you stood there for a couple more seconds unsure of what to do next. You didn't feel sleepy but looking around the room again it didn't seem like there was anything else you could do to pass the time, so you got in to the bed and closed your eyes.

You couldn't fall asleep, not only because you felt unsafe but also because you couldn't get your friends out of your head. You kept trying to calm your mind by telling yourself that they are fine and probably have escaped even if Grace didn't agree with leaving you behind.

Suddenly you hear the door unlock and slowly open. You open your eyes and get into a sitting position, a girl with pink hair and tattered clothes stood in front of you. The girl blinks a few times and runs away, you get out of the bed and slowly approach the door but before you could reach it you hear someone running in your direction, you keep walking until you get out of the room and face the direction where you heard someone running. At the end of this huge room filled with doors you see Grace running your way with the pink haired girl following from behind. Grace keeps looking left and right probably trying to see if anyone needs some help, half way to your room and she turns her head back and tells the girl something which made her stop and go in one of the rooms. Grace turned back and looked right at you and you swear her speed increased when she saw you. When she finally reached you, she embraced you into a warm hug. After that she let's you go and starts checking you for any new injuries. While she does that, you notice two daggers sheathed on each side on her hip.

Grace: "I truly hope that they haven't done anything bad to you."

Isabella: "N-no, I'm fine."

She checks your face for a second time and then breathes a sigh of relief.

Grace: "That's great, we came here as fast as possible after they... took you away. I'm really sorry Isabella, but we had to use you in order to get to this place, I promise that I'm not gonna let any of this happen again."

Isabella: "Well, I'm not harmed and you got everyone else out."

Grace looks away from you with a worried expression.

Grace: "This is not everyone and our master and other people are risking their lives so this plan would work."

Isabella: "What plan?"

Grace: "They've caused a riot outside so that some of the guards would leave the place and go out to try and stop it, we've cleared the entrance so any slave can leave at any time they want. Now theres other guards and the man we're looking for that are left in the castle."

A castle?

Suddenly the ground shakes as you hear an explosion not far away from here.

Grace: "We need to move."

She takes your hand and places a few knives in your hand.

Grace: "I'll leave those in your care."

You nod.

Isabella: "Where exactly do we go from here?"

Grace smiles and looks behind you.

Grace: "I somewhat know the layout of this place so we shouldn't get lost."

She walks past you and you follow with your knives at the ready.
.
.
.