14.Jane & Ellen (7)

He leaves the room and that girl from before walks in.

???: "so, you left him alive~ how nice of you~"

Jade: "I don't care for him as much as you might think I do."

???: "it doesn't matter, you changed him a little already."

Jane: "changed?"

???: "come with me."

You follow her through a different door which led you to a training room.

Jane: "what are we here for?"

???: "aren't you curious about these stronger powers that you got?"

Jane: "not really."

???: "then you want to try them in a real fight?"

Jane: "nothing should change about them if I use them the same way I did before."

???: "do you truly believe that!?"

You summoned a blade and sent it at the fighting dummy, the moment the blade pierced it more blades came out of its body.

???: "see, this is what I meant."

Jane: "I probably won't be using it, if it gives me that much power."

You moved your hand to the hidden blade and was ready to take it off.

???: "woah woah woah! Don't even think about it!"

Jane: "why?"

???: "you can't take it off...for now, because it is trying to link to your soul and give you even more strength."

Jane: "so if I were to not let this link to my soul fully, bad things would happen?"

???: "let's just say that there is a being that gives you infinite power and if you were to break that link it would come out and that would be the end of us all."

Jane: "you used me."

???: "not quite, but think about the good things, your meows and nyas are gone, you've gained power beyond our comprehension-"

Jane: "all you think about is power and nothing else."

I guess I will have to wait for it to link to my soul and then try to leave this place.

???: "power isn't everything, all that matters is how many die from it...oops."

You can't act normal forever, I knew that you would show that side of yours.

Jane: "not happening."

???: "with time you will understand."

Jane: "anyway, who are you to him?"

???: "I was sent here to kill him just like you, I captured him and tried to torture the information we needed to stop this whole thing. We made a deal that I would stop torturing him and let him walk freely so he would give me all the information that I was looking for. He gave me false information and I left him here to go back and report what i was given to my people. I came back to finish the job but that is when he showed me his powers and captured me. He did...things to me and made me submit to his ways~ and then I had no choice but to join him and I don't regret it at all~"

Submit to his ways? Did he really do what I think he did?

Jane: "why didn't you kill him after you got that information that you needed?"

???: "he seemed to know more then he pretended to know."

Jane: "didn't you know that you have to kill the target if you get the information you're looking for?"

???: "like I said, he knew more then he pretended to know and he seemed harmless, especially after the torture and beating up he had to go through."

You summoned a few more blades but something caused pain in your arm. Your vision got dark and it got hard to breathe.

???: "oh?"

Jane: "what the...hell...is happening?"

???: "let's wait and see~"

Soon it all went away and you saw a shadow figure of you.

???: "I've seen this one! Tell it what to do and it will obey you."

The shadow places its hand on your shoulder and when you look at the faceless shadow it nods to you.

Can it understand me?

Jane: "can you annihilate that dummy?"

It nods again and vanishes into thin air. It appeared behind it, kicked it in the air, then jumped up to get behind it and stabbed a blade through it's back which had the same effect as it did to you earlier. The shadow then landed on the ground and the dummy landed on to some blades that were already prepared for it.

???: "not bad, I wonder what else you can do with that power."

The shadow vanishes and she turns to you to only now notice that you were about to fall to the ground, she rushed to you and caught you before you could hit the ground.

???: "it takes that much out of you?"
.
.
.
You slowly open your eyes and find yourself in a bed. You slowly turn your head to the side and notice a mirror. In the mirror your reflection was different, half of your face was normal while the other half was covered in a shadow. The shadow side of your face only had a red eye which was staring straight into your soul.

You were just looking at yourself until the door handle moved and you focused your attention to the door. When your father walked in, you quickly glanced at the mirror and your face was back to normal. He seemed a little worried as he sat on the side of the bed.

Father: "how are you feeling?"

Jane: "a little weak."

Father: "I heard what happened to you, you could say its getting used to you now."

Jane: "you mean this hidden blade?"

Father: "yes, it is trying out your body's limits, the same thing happened to me when I first got it."

Jane: "you have one too?"

Father: "there used to be 4 of them but now there's only 2."

Jane: "what happened to the other 2?"

Father: "one just dissapeared like it was never in this world while the other one got corrupted."

Jane: "corrupted?"

Father: "the wearer took the blade off before it could link and he freed the monster inside it. It only killed the wearer and stopped at that, anyone else who tried to put it on got killed by it."

Jane: "where is it now?"

Father: "not sure."

Awkward silence filled the room but you decided to break it.

Jane: "can you tell me about-"

A few knocks on the door interrupts you as that girl walks in with food in her hand.

Father: "I would have prepared it myself but thanks."

???: "oh it's nothing~ I've prepared something for both of you but I left your plate in the kitchen, I didn't think that you would already be here."

Father: "it's fine, I'll eat it once I'm finished talking with Jane."

Your father stood up and took the food from her.

???: "great, I'll be waiting~"

He turned to you as the girl left the room behind him.

Father: "how do you want to do this? Want me to feed you or..."

Jane: "I should be able to eat it on my own."

You get into a sitting position as he hands you the plate.

Father: "what did you wanted to ask me?"
.
.
.