33.Grace & Isabella (9)

The woman was now wearing simple clothes and her mask was gone too. The closer you got the more she looked like you from before, all beat up and weak. When you got close enough, she slowly raised her head to look at you.

???: "And...why might...you be here?"

She has a little bit of trouble speaking but your not surprised since she's in a state like "that". You didn't know how many bones were broken in her body but you were sure that even without the chains holding her she wouldn't be able to run away.

???: "I see..."

You didn't say anything but you guessed that she got an answer only by looking at your face. She then lowered her head and coughed. Blood dripped down from her mouth to an already bloodied floor.

W-What did they do to her?

???: "May.... I ask....you to do...some...thing...for me?"

She slowly lifts her chained hands and wraps the chains around her neck.

???: "Please...I don't have...the strength..."

Suddenly you hear footsteps from behind you and your masters voice.

Master: "I wonder how many slaves asked you to do the same, but knowing people like you, you probably let her suffer till they died on their own."

You took a step back and in seconds you felt warmth wrap around you. You didn't need to check who it was, there were only a few people who would do that.

Isabella: "G-Grace!"

Grace: "This is not a place that we should be at right now, so why don't we go outside, breathing in some fresh air would be good for you."

She then wraps one hand around your waist and takes your hand with the other. Before leaving you looked behind you and saw your master standing in front of the captured woman with a katana in hand. You knew what will happen next and decided to hurry and leave the room.

Grace: "I'm sorry that you had to see that."

Grace gripped your hand a little tighter and started leading you out of the house. When you left the house everyone noticed you and Grace and  they all came to you and started chatting about what's been going on while you were in bed. For a while you were able to forget what you saw in the basement and got some new information on what will happen next.

Apparently we will leave this house and go somewhere else, where we would be welcome and not looked down on because we're slaves. We would also get a chance to go to school and learn about magic or weapons, whichever we prefer. Of course getting there would take a few weeks and your master was still unsure if the place was completely safe or not. After all the explanation you decided to sit down and enjoy the peace, everyone deserved it even if it may not last for very long.

Grace joined you too, but you noticed that something was a little different about her.

Isabella: "Grace?"

She seemed to be thinking about something while looking at everyone playing outside.

Grace: "We're going after them."

Isabella: "After wh-"

Grace: "After the ones who attacked us."

You were shocked that, after all this they still want to... go after them.

Grace: "I'm sure that they've been preparing for another fight with us and will send or they have already sent their army at us. Since we know where their base is, this gives us a perfect opportunity to attack and free the slaves that they've captured...I thought that keeping a secret would be the best option but knowing you, you would chase after us no matter how far we are."

Isabella: "How many of us will go?"

Grace: "There will be five of us, it should be pretty easy to get in but what will happen once we're inside, I cannot tell."

You close your eyes and enjoy the gentle wind blowing in your direction.

Grace: "Isabella."

You open your eyes and look at Grace.

Grace: "After this is over, I will make sure that you see things that you couldn't see while being captured."

You smile at Grace.

Isabella: "Thank you."

Just then a huge leaf hits Grace in the face.

Grace: "Are you serious?"

You chuckle as Grace takes the leaf into her hands and throws it away.

Grace: "So you think this is funny?"

She then grabs your tail.

Isabella: "Eeeep! W-what are you doing!?!?"

This time Grace laughed but didn't let go of your tail. You try to pull your tail out of her hands but she's too strong for you.

Grace: "You are not going anywhere my fluffy pillow."

She pushes your tail to the ground and lays her head on it.

Grace: "Ahh~ This is bliss~"

Without realizing it she starts to drool on your tail.

Isabella: "G-Grace! Don't drool on it."

Grace: "It's fine, I've washed your body once while you were sleeping, I don't mind doing it again, I'll especially take care of your tail~"

Isabella: "Graaace!"

Grace: "Teehee~"

You spent the whole day with Grace and the others playing outside and having fun for the first time in your life.

*The next day*

After yesterday's fun, all of you ended up sleeping outside next to each other. You were pretty happy that you finally saw Grace's new side or the side of her that she has been keeping away from everyone. But now, the face she had yesterday was completely gone. You had a feeling that she might still be happy if you stayed behind and greeted her when she finished her mission, but you were too attached to her to let her go.

The other two that were coming along with you were Faith and Mya. You didn't expect them to come with you, you hoped that nobody else that you knew would get dragged into this but it seems that they wanted to go because you and Grace were going.

After leaving the house, your master led You through a forest. Your group took a few breaks and when the sun started to set you finally came out of the forest and had to say your goodbyes. Everyone wanted to know where the four of you were going but you couldn't tell them, you only told them that it was a secret and that you would come back soon. They weren't stubborn to keep asking for more, so they gave up but when they did, you had to separate from the group . From there you followed your master again.

Grace: "You okay?"

Concern was written all over her face.

Mya: "Grace, nothing happened and you're already worried?"

Grace: "We did walk a long distance before this, can't I ask how Isabella is doing?"

Mya: "We all did, and besides, Isabella is stronger than she looks."

Grace: "I...."

Isabella: "Y-you'll be the first one to know if something happens to me, d-does that help?"

Grace: "It does."

You could hear a faint chuckle from your master. Everyone except Grace looked at master with puzzled faces.

Master: "You might be the only one tired here, you should stop worrying about Isabella so much and think about yourself from time to time."

Grace: "I've been told something like that even before I came to you."

Master: "Won't hurt to hear it again then."

Grace: "I guess..."

Silence came after that and after an hour your master spoke to you.

Master: "We will soon be near their base."
.
.
.