·Blood Trails· (Pt. Two)

Dark chuckled darkly and stood up. He left Leighton in the chair as he walked out of the room. He could practically hear the intruders heart rapidly beating.

He slowly walked down the hall leading to the entrance. He saw a shadow, then it quickly disappeared. Dark snapped his fingers and summoned a small red ball of energy to his hand. Looking around in the new found light, he spotted a flash of brown hair. The intruder leapt out in front of Dark in a fighting stance. He took in the other man with a slight smirk. A police officer.

Dark assumed that he must have followed him. "Where is he?" The other man asked sternly. Dark was caught a little off guard at the accent. "Oh, he's around. But you won't live to see him." The police officer just shrugged and swiftly kicked Dark in the stomach. He doubled over, his ball of energy flickering out.

The officer ran down to the other end of the hall. A bad decision.

Dark quickly recovered and chased after him. He reached the room and spotted the officer releasing Leighton. The boy was able to shakily sit up before Dark stabbed the scalpel into the other man's shoulder. He cried out in surprise more than pain. He elbowed Dark and pushed Leighton out of the door. Yanking the scalpel out of his shoulder, he rushed the boy down the hall and to the hatch. The officer helped Leighton crawl up the ladder. He escaped... But the police officer didn't. Dark punched his jaw, completely knocking him off the ladder and onto the ground.

The officer spit out some blood and tried to stand back up. But Dark hit him again, and once more before he was knocked out.

***

The man awoke to a sore face, and his hands and legs restrained. He wanted to instantly panic but kept a straight face. His eyes glided around the room searching for Dark. He was here to get justice. He had finally tracked Dark down. Leighton wasn't a part of his plan, but now he hoped the boy had made it back home safely.

Now, the officer that was restrained where Leighton once was, is Anti Williams. A dedicated police officer with a strong soul, and a kind heart. He would hunt down people just like Dark. He knew how to deal with him.

Dark was no where to be seen though. His eyes cautiously looked around the room. Then he heard it. A small hum coming from the hall. It got louder when Dark opened the door and walked into the room. Anti licked his dry lips, trying to think of a way to get out of this. The murderer before him sat on a small stool beside the chair. He put on a pair of rubber gloves. It was only now that Anti had noticed his shirt and gear was gone.

"What are you doing?" Anti kept his voice calm but firm. Dark looked up at him with an eyebrow raised. "Nothing of your concern." He shot back. The officer rolled his eyes, but after doing so, he quickly got a slap across the cheek. He groaned. "What the hell was that for!?" Dark wrapped his fingers around Anti's neck. "I have a few rules around here you peice of shit, and one of those is no disrespecting me." He growled. Anti shook his head with a small smile. "Oh man... You really are a maniac." He hissed. Dark just smiled. "You haven't even seen the best of me."

"Can't wait to see more!" The officer said sarcastically.

"Oh, I know you can't."

Dark's eyes traveled down Anti's torso. "So Officer Williams... Were you abused when you were younger?" Dark removed his hand from Anti's neck, and continued to traced a few scars on his chest. Anti tried to keep his breathing calm but failed. His breath was coming out more ragged than ever. "It'd be a shame if someone were to... Open these scars again. Wouldn't you think?" Anti stopped looking at Dark's tracing finger and at his face instead. "Do whatever you want, but I've grown stronger since the day these scars were made. And I'll continue to stay strong."

Dark nodded slowly and picked up a small knife. "Is that so? Well we'll just have to see." He teasingly dragged the knife down the center of Anti's chest, then brought it back up to the most prominent scar. It ran from his shoulder to under his peck. Dark grinned as he cut the tissue, but not too deep. Just enough to let out the crimson liquid he loved so much.

Anti let out hissing breaths and whimpers as Dark continued to cut open his skin. He suddenly stopped though, and moved the stained knife down to Anti's hip where the skin was clear of any scars. He would change that though. He started carving into the skin and Anti finally let out his cries of pain. Dark finished with having carved a small box with a cute face into his side.

A small symbol thay Dark had been here. A symbol that Dark had left his mark, and quite literally. Anti let out a large exhale as tears rolled down his cheeks. "What are... What're you going to do next?" He asked. Dark set down the knife and stood up. With a smirk he straddled Anti's waist and ran his hands down Anti's chilled sides. Dark leaned down to whisper sickly over the officers lips. "I've had a fascination with blood ever since I was nine. I would cut myself just to see it, and I sometimes still do. The first person I ever murdered was when I was twenty. I took their blood and bathed in it. My mother sent me to an Institute, but before they could get me there... I tore out the throats of the men who tried to force me into their car." Dark sighed and his eyes followed a tear that escaped Anti's eye. "I've been on the run ever since. I've killed and I have tortured... But something about you just sets me on fire. I want to just ravish your blood, and you. You're a special one Officer Williams."

Anti shook his head. He had to find a way to escape this lunatic. He had to put this guy behind bars for good. He practically stopped thinking when Dark ran his tongue across one of the cuts. The blood smeared like red paint on a canvas.

Dark wrapped his fingers around Anti's neck once again. He stroked the jugular vein almost lovingly. He placed his blood stained lips against Anti's for a moment. The officer reeled away in disgust. Dark looked at him with heavy eyes. "I'm going to have so much fun with you..." He purred out. And that was the last thing Anti heard before he passed out

To Be Continued...