•Left Behind• (Pt. Three)

Anti stared at Dark's features as he slept. He sat there wondering. Wondering what had caused him to put Dark through such immense pain over something that happened so long ago. Was it just him not being able to let go? Probably. But there was also a deep reasoning that resided beneath his skin that ate at him everyday.

There was more to the situation than just holding a grudge. When Dark began to stir though, he snapped out of his trance and grabbed a glass of water from the counter next to the sink and brought it over to Dark, who was shifting around in the uncomfortable cot Anti had placed him in. He held out the glass to Dark as he kneeled to the ground next to him.

Dark eyed the glass with suspicion. Instead of taking the water, Dark moved his hand to touch the crimson soaked bandage around his head. He winced and Anti took his hand away from his eye. "Careful, it's still raw." Dark scoffed at him. "No shit..." He mumbled.

The room fell once again into an uncomfortable silence. Anti bit his tongue to keep from spouting an insult at Dark. Luckily they were both saved from sitting with each other any longer when someone knocked on the door. Anti set the glass down on the floor and got up to answer it. "Ah, Jeff, just the dude I wanted to see. Would you mind watching Dark while I go check on a few things?" Jeff nodded and moved into the room, his lanky limbs barely moving as he did so. Rather, they almost moved in an oozing fashion. Anti was about to close the door, then he remembered something. "Oh," he snapped his fingers. "Don't kill him, alright?" He looked at Jeff. The serial killer nodded almost sadly. Anti turned his attention back to Dark. "I would suggest not trying to catch any shut eye while he's watching you. I'll be back in a sec." Anti closed the door behind himself, the sound of his footsteps fading away.

Jeff slinked into the corner to sit and took out a knife from the inside of his blood stained jacket. He twirled it around in his hands with a certain gleaming menace in his eyes. Dark cleared his throat nervously and swung his legs over the side of the cot. He desperately wished for some pain killers at the moment. Dark didn't know how long he stayed in that room staring at the wall, trying not to meet Jeff's heated glare.

It had been at least an hour, he thought.

After at least twenty more minutes, Anti entered the room once again. He pointed his thumb at the door and Jeff quickly walked out. "Alright lover boy... Want to try and make it up to me?" He asked. Dark jumped to his feet, but got lightheaded and sat back down. He nodded. Anti patted Dark on the shoulder, his sweet grin turning sadistic. "You have to play a game then." That caught Dark off guard. A game? "What kind of game?" Anti sat next to him. "A game of survival I suppose. Pick a card," Anti reached into his pocket and pulled out a deck of playing cards, "See which game you get, and that's what we play. Could be something as simple as checkers, or something as hard as Battle Ship." Dark scoffed. "Lay it on me. I've survived so far." Anti frowned just slightly and took the cards out of their packaging, presenting them to the other man.

Dark looked right into Anti's eyes with his one eye as he chose a card, then held it up to his face to read it. It was strange reading with just one eye, everything felt altered in some way. "Hide and seek?" He read. Anti's eyes seemed to light up. "Oh, adventurous! Always wanted to play this version of the game." Dark narrowed his eyes as Anti snatched the card from his hand. "What do you mean 'this version'?"

Anti skipped to the other side of the room and opened a chest that Dark hadn't even noticed was there. He dug through the contents within it and threw an axe to the ground, a shovel following it. "Choose your weapon. They both have their advantages." Dark pondered over Anti's words for a moment. He picked up the shovel, but not without stumbling over to it and missing the handle a few times. His depth perception was absolutely fucked. Anti grinned and grabbed the axe. "Now, I'll count to 100, and you hide during. If you can survive until dawn, then we can start over. If I find you before the sun comes up, then I win and get to keep your heart in a jar on my shelf." Dark cringed and his chest started to ache. It was now that he wanted the old Anti back more than ever, not the psychopath he was now. Behind him, the door eerily opened on its own. Dark gulped unintentionally and walked out, Anti kicking his ass on the way.

He was suddenly thrown into a lavish hallway lined with thick, red plush carpet that felt like heaven beneath his feet. Large chandeliers hung dantily from the tall ceiling. Dark shook his head to focus on what was at hand, which in fact, was his life. The screech of a record player interrupted the mans thoughts. A song began to play, seeming to come from all directions in the hall.

It was creepy to say the least. It sounded like an old carnival song being played on a blown out speaker in a bar. Dark shuddered a little and started to walked down the hall. He didn't know how many seconds he had wasted by just standing there. Probably too many. Dark sped up a little as his eyes raked down the passage way in attempt to find a hiding place. The hallway split off into two paths ahead of him. Choosing to go right, Dark walked a little further until he came to some sort of disgusting creature happily munching on what he assume to be a pile of intstines. The weird thing sensed Dark standing behind it and slowly craned its neck to look at him.

The things eyes were dilated and bloodshot. It's sharp teeth along with the rest of its body was caked in blood, new and old. Wrinkled and papery skin was stretched over its bones, looking as if it'd be painful to move in a body like that. Dark's breath started to quicken as the thing started to rapidly approach him. Dark raised the shovel over his head and knocked the thing over the head. Greenish goo started to leak from its temple. Dark hit it again with the shovel and ran away from it as it let out pained cries.

Dark kept running down the winding halls until he had to stop from fear of his lungs collapsing from lack of oxygen, or that's how he felt at least. Dark slowed to a stop and leaned against the nearest wall, sliding down it to the ground. He didn't know how or when he would escape this nightmare, but he knew he would somehow. With or without Anti.

To Be Continued...