·Taking Time To Talk·

All week had been utter chaos. Dark was in deep shit with his boss, Anti had barely any time to spend with his family since he worked nights, and their daughter was having a hell of a time in first grade. Then there were household problems. Their washer crapped out. There was a leak in the roof, and their neighbors constantly had hip-hop music on max volume. Dark almost cried when he walked inside his door, very happy to be home and have a warm greeting from his daughter. "Daddy! You're home! Dada was mad today. He went over to the neighbors and yelled at them." Dark picked up his daughter with a sigh. "Well that's Dada for ya, Sammy." He combed a hand through the tangled mess on her head he called hair. "Where is Dada anyway?" Sammy pointed to the stairs. "He went to take a bath. Uncle Seàn is here! He came over today to help with painting the kitchen. Dada said that the color of the walls wanted to make him throw up. Yuck!" Dark chuckled and kissed Sammy's head and set her back down. They walked into the living room where Seàn was, intently playing a video game. Sammy hopped up onto the couch with him. Seàn glanced up to see his brother's husband. "Oh hey, Dame! Tough day at work?" He asked, genuinely concerned. Dark took a moment to look at his appearance. Coffee stained shirt, his tie was loose, and his pants had somehow managed to get dirt on them. He wouldn't have doubted that he had bags under his eyes. "Yeah. My boss threatened to fire me today since I ordered pizza for the office without his consent." Seàn snorted. "Wow, what a nut. I'm sorry things aren't going so well for you guys. I've told you before and I'll tell you again, if you need any help, I'm here to assist. Evelien's also worried. She wanted me to invite you guys to dinner tomorrow, if you're not too busy?" Seàn's eyes always seemed to twinkle when he talked about his wife.

Dark smiled gently. "That sounds great, I'll talk to Anti about it. I'm going to go say hi, then I'll be back down." Seàn nodded and went back to playing the game, giving in to Sammy's puppy eyes and giving her a chance at the game. Dark walked up the stairs as silently as he could. He had been able to come home early and wanted to surprise his husband. He heard light sounds of singing as he got closer to the bathroom. Anti was an amazing singer but he would never admit it. Dark lightly knocked his knuckles against the thin wooden door before walking in. Anti yelped in surprise. "Dark! Holy- you scared the shit out of me!" He gasped. "You're home early?" Dark nodded and sat on the edge of the tub. "Yeah, Mr. Frank allowed me to, I got my work done early. Although he was pretty pissed about me ordering pizza." Anti chuckled and rested his arms on the side of the bathtub. "I'm glad you're home. Sammy told me about this boy at school bullying her. Tomorrow I'm marching into that school and give that boy a good lecture! He should know better than to pour glue into someone's hair!"

"He poured glue into Sam's hair?"

"Yes, he did! Can you believe the nerve?!"

Dark pecked his lips before whispering over them. "Don't get worked up about it now. We'll talk to the principle about it, okay? I'd give the little pecker a good lecture if I could too. But we can't risk getting a law suit pressed against us." He joked a little about the law suit part. Anti nodded his head in understanding. Dark rubbed Anti's shoulder gently, unknowingly massaging the tense muscle. He groaned softly and leaned into Dark's hand. "Damn that feels nice." He turned around with his back facing Dark. His husband got the message and started to rub Anti's back. He leaned down and kissed his shoulder gently. "I miss this. Just you and me." He said. Anti hummed in response. "I do too, but I love having a family." Dark presses his lips against the shell of Anti's ear. "Me too... I don't know what I would do without Sammy and you."

"Me neither... Now take off those clothes. You're getting in here with me." Anti tugged on Dark's tie. He rolled his eyes and peeled off his clothing. Anti now was laying in bewteen Dark's legs, his back against the others chest. Dark hummed softly and rubbed soothing circles on Anti's hips, his lithe frame fitting perfectly against his muscular one. Seàn rapped his hand against the door. "Guys? What're you doing in there? Better not be screwing!" He called out. Dark cursed under his breath. "No, we're not screwing! Just relaxing!" Seàn uttered out a suspicious okay and walked away. Anti took Dark's hand into his and put his lips to the back of it. "This is nice, but we'd better get out. The water is starting to get cold and I look like a prune." Dark stood up, helping Anti up with him. "Prune or not, I still love you." He kissed him softly. They pulled away after a few moments. "I love you too, you big softie."