·Blood Trails· (Pt. Three)

The hums and clicks of a machine filled the officers ears as he came back to reality. He wasn't laying in the uncomfortable orthodontist chair anymore. Instead there were soft sheets beneath him, and a comfortable pillow cradling his head. The officer almost fell asleep again, but the memories from the previous night made him sit up in a flash.

His eyes scanned the room he was in. It was dark, only lit by the moonlight coming from the window. An IV drip was in his arm. Anti scratched at it, trying to take it out. "Don't mess with that." Anti stopped and froze. Dark moved out from the shadows of the room. "Where the hell am I?" He asked. Dark didn't answer, he just sat down in a chair beside the bed.

Anti frowned while noticing that all of his clothes were gone, although he did have different pair of underwear, but his torso was bandaged.

"Where are my clothes?" A small smile twitched on Dark's lips. "Oh Lord..." Anti started. "No no, I didn't do anything like that..." Dark interrupted. "But the sedative I gave you relaxed you so much... Well, your pants needed a cleaning." Anti's expression went from confused to heating up in embarrassment. "Oh God..." He hid his face in his hands.

A warm hand pet his arm. Anti jerked away from Dark's touch as if it were poison. He slowly lowered his hand from Anti's arm with an unreadable expression. Dark took a water bottle from the bedside table and offered it to Anti. The officer shook his head. "You drink it first, then I'll drink it." Dark raised an eyebrow. "You think I poisoned it or something?" He questioned. Anti gave him a stern look and gestured for him to drink it.

Dark shrugged and took a swig before handing it off to Anti. He waited a few moments to see if anything had happened to Dark before guzzling down the whole bottle. His mouth and throat were so dry that it almost hurt to swallow. Dark smirked and took Anti's arm gently, carefully taking the IV out of his arm, then placing a makeshift bandaid over it. Anti flexed his arm and looked up at his kidnapper in surprise. Dark just looked back at him for a while. "You're different, so very different Officer Williams." Anti ignored Dark's confession and slipped out from under the blankets. He tried to stand up but suddenly felt lightheaded, instantly sitting back down.

He sighed and looked back at Dark. "Where am I?" He asked. The other man didn't answer but instead stood up, holding out his hand. "Why don't I show you." The Officer was wary, but damn he was curious, so he took Dark's hand and they walked out of the bedroom. They walked down a normal looking hallway, the carpet felt like bliss under Anti's sore feet. He had walked miles to track down Dark. They walked out into a living room. From the way the walls were and the decor, the Officer had to guess that they were in a cabin.

He only got a quick look at it though before Dark lead him out the front door. He had to shield his eyes as Dark brought him out onto the porch, the afternoon sun was risen high in the sky. A cool breeze blew through, making the trees sway, the leaves and branches rubbing against eachother to create a soft rustling that kissed Anti's ears. The officer glanced around the area to see they were in a secluded area. Lush forest led out to the horizon. "This wasn't where I found you." He gasped. Dark chuckled and walked farther out onto the porch to pet a small animal that was running across the railing to meet him. "Of course it isn't. We're not even on Earth." Anti quirked an eyebrow and stared at the rat Dark was petting as he uttered out. "Don't feed me that bull."

Dark turned back to look at him. The rat had crawled up to sit on his shoulder now. "I know it's hard to believe." Anti raised his arm in exasperation. "No shit, now stop lying and tell me where we are." The rats tail twitched, then turned to groom itself. Dark shrugged. "I'm not sure what you want me to tell you. We're not on Earth." Anti glared at him for a moment. "I'm getting no where with you."

Suddenly the breeze felt more apparent on Anti's legs, making him realize that he was still in only his underwear. Well, it wasn't his- point is, his face turned pink and he crossed his arms over his chest. "Since you're stubborn on not telling me our location, let's change the subject for now. Could you give me back my clothes?"

***

Anti hadn't been given the clothes he had came with, but rather a soft cotton shirt and a pair of freshly washed blue jeans. He wouldn't lie, these clothes did feel much better than his uniform. Anti finished up brushing his teeth, rinsed his mouth, and put everything away. He shouldn't be trusting Dark like this. The man was a killer. Yet here he was, using the said killers spare toothbrush and clothes. There wasn't much else he could do, though. He didn't want to slip and end up angering Dark, to only have a knife in his back. It was better just to play it safe with him for now. Walking out of the bathroom, Anti walked down the hall and peeked around the corner into the kitchen. The fluffy top of Dark's hair was pulled back into a clip as he stood at the stove, tasting what seemed to be a stew. It smelled damned good.

Dark's eyes shifted over to see a form watching him from the darkened hall. "And I'm supposed to be the creepy one. Well don't just stand there Williams, come in and sit." The officer jumped, surprised Dark had noticed him, and took hesitant steps to sit on a stool at the breakfast bar. Dark went to cut a few vegetables. Anti watched the other man's hands skillfully cut a bell pepper. It reminded him how many times Dark must have handled a knife in his life other than for cooking.

***

A steaming bowl full of beef, broth, and hearty vegetables seasoned with home grown herbs was placed in Anti's hands. A spoon was slipped in beside it. It smelled so good. Better than Anti would ever like to admit. He was fucking hungry. Dark sat across from him at the table, setting up his own bowl and utensil. Anti watched him dip the spoon into the bowl, the metal disappearing for a moment before being lifted back out with chunk if beef and a few slices of celery. The spoon once again disspeared, but this time into a mouth. Some of the broth dripped past the lips and onto the bearded chin.

Dark wiped the rogue drop from his mouth and stared at Anti. His eyes seemed to be turning darker. The officer gulped down his nerves about any figurative or literal poison that may be in the stew and shoveled some into his mouth. Dark's eyes lightened and they continued to eat in silence, with only small slurps and the clinking of silverware to be heard.