·Cigarettes and Kissing·

If I'm not mistaken, this book just reached 3k reads! Thank you all so much for sticking with me, whether you've been reading from the beginning, or just got here!

He hated cigarettes. He hated them so Goddamn much. Yet, he hung around with a person who smoked constantly. Anti didn't know why he hung out with Dark so often. They were complete opposites. First off, Dark was a smoker, so that had been already established. Second, next to his addiction to inhaling toxic through cancer sticks, he probably had slept around with every woman, man, or non-binary pal from New York to California. Literally. Dark had once lived in the great city of great Manhattan, New York. Parents kicked him out, so he hitchhiked all the way to the City of Angels, Los Angeles, where he had met Anti, who was still a virgin that would rather read or watch a show on a Saturday night. They somehow hit it off. Started talking at some random park Anti was on a swing at and next thing they knew, they were eating mushrooms at some random strangers house. Anti felt sick for days afterwards. Now here they stood outside of a bar at night standing close together to fend off the unusual chill in the dark evening. Dark put a cig up to his lips and inhaled deeply. The end of it turning a bright orange that Anti wished he could snuff out. Dark brought the disgusting piece of papery death away from his mouth to exhale loudly. Anti shook his head and stepped away from the other man and tried to wave away the smoke that had been blown into his face. Dark noticed and with a roll of his eye, threw the cigarette to the ground and stomped on it. Anti grinned and stepped back to Dark's side. "What do you want to do now? Go see a movie?" The smoker asked. Anti cringed at the sight of his yellowing teeth but held his rude remarks to himself about how Dark should stop smoking and put a little elbow grease to those teeth of his. Instead though, he just nodded and followed his friend down the street to the local movie house.

They both agreed on a movie after a little bickering. Once inside the lobby of the movie theater, Dark ordered some popcorn and drinks while Anti got the tickets. They sat in the lobby for a couple more minutes before their movie was claimed ready for people to watch over the PA system. They quickly walked to one of the theater rooms their movie was in to pick a good seat. Anti sat in the far back row, but Dark wanted to sit in the very front. After a small quarrel, Dark decided to give up and just sit where Anti wanted to. Many more people started to file into the large room after them. Dark noticed an abnormally tall woman and put his feet up on the seat in from of them, hoping that she wouldn't block their line of sight for the movie. Anti chuckled and swatted at his feet to get them down. Dark smiled and poked his friends side. The two continued to horse around a little, but stopped once the movie started. Little after about ten minutes into the film, Dark discreetly lifted his arm and curled it around Anti's shoulders hesitantly. When the brunette didn't object, he tightened his grip on slightly to pull him closer. He glanced over to see Anti trying to hold back from grinning. His thoughts were running all over the place until he couldn't handle it anymore. Dark took Anti by the chin and quickly pressed their lips together before he could object. Anti nearly jumped out of his socks. He slowly relaxed though. He never thought he would feel this way about Dark, but here he was kissing the man himself. Dark brushed his tongue over his bottom lip, making Anti remember. The horrible habit that had tainted Dark's mouth. Flashes of smoke crossed his mind, the disgusting stench of the cancer sticks the man he was kissing inhaled almost every minute of every day. Anti jerked back out of the kiss and slapped Dark's hands from his waist. He didn't even notice that they had gotten that close, they had acted like a couple of hormonal teens, to which he wasn't very happy with. "I can't do this." He said. A mixture of pain and anger crossed Dark's features.

"Why? What's wrong?" He asked. Anti just shook his head and bolted from his seat, ran down the stairs and out the theater door. He thundered his way through the lobby and into the cool night. Desperate for some sort of relief. He could taste the nicotine and gagged. He had kissed a smoker, and just that alone made him want to throw up, and which he did. In the gutter on the side of the road. A car slowed down on the street in front of him. The window rolled down to reveal a kind looking African American man, possibly in his mid to late 50s. "Are you alright?" He called out. Anti waved his hand. "Uh... Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." The man dug in his car for a moment before throwing him a bottle of water. "Take it easy, alright?" Anti nodded, and with that, the man drove off. He took off the cap took a large gulp to try and get the taste of both vomit and smoke out of his mouth. "Hey..." Anti choked on his water, making it go out his nose and down the wrong tube. He hadn't noticed Dark walk outside with him and nearly shit himself. Dark dug a hankie out of his pocket and wiped the water from Anti's face, along with the tears that had mixed in with it. Anti coughed harshly and Dark rubbed his back to try and comfort him. After a minute or so, Anti calmed down from his fit. "What was that all about?" Anti could hear the concern in his voice. "I don't know man... I just... The smoke..." Dark quirked an eyebrow and took a pack of cigs from his pocket. "These?" Anti nodded, sort of ashamed that he had caused such a scene. "Then they're gone." Dark threw them at the gutter. For good measure, he stomped on them. Anti blinked and tried to process what had just happened. "You- you're quitting?" He asked, the surprise evident in his voice. "I'll sure as hell try. I've noticed how much you hate 'em, and I don't want to lose you over a silly thing like ciggrattes." Anti smiled. "Thank you." Dark patted his shoulder. "Now that that's over with, would you mind if I kissed you again?" Dark asked hopefully. Anti rolled his eyes. "Brush your teeth first and I'll think about it." Dark grinned and started to run down the street. "Well c'mon then!" He called. Anti smiled and ran after his friend.