·Beasts Beauty· (Pt. One)

Big thanks to Faithswinson04 for the idea for this One Shot! I twisted it slightly though, and I'm sorry for taking longer than intended!

Thundering steps echoed off of the walls as the Beast ran through them. Anti's breath caught in his throat when he saw the Beast round the corner, so he took off running again. The man made it to the staircase and slid down the railing on his rump, jumping off on the end. Anti didn't dare look behind himself and booked it off towards the kitchen. He slammed the door behind himself and went off to hide in the pantry.

A loud growl erupted from outside the kitchen door before it was torn off of its hinges. Anti curled more into a ball as tears streamed down his face. The Beast tore up the kitchen before finding its way to the pantry. It panted heavy and clawed open the door. Anti met its eyes before it brought it's huge paw down upon him.

The man gasped loudly as he shot up in bed. His husband was startled awake as well. Anti tried to catch his breath as he choked back small sobs. Warm arms enveloped him, Dark wiped the tears from his face. "Anti, what's wrong?" He whispered. Anti clutched Dark's shoulders and curled up into his chest. "I-I had the most hor-horrible dream Dark. Oh it was terrible!" He tried to speak between gasps. Dark rubbed his husbands arm comfortingly and gently laid back into the bed with Anti. "Shhh, it's alright, it's alright. I'm here." After Anti had calmed down, Dark asked him what the dream was about. The smaller man went on about how Dark had turned into a terrible beast and that he had killed him. The very thought that Anti had dreamt this made Dark's heart shatter. He held Anti closer to his chest and comforted him for the rest of the night. They eventually got back to sleep.

Anti was the first to wake up snd was already bounding around the mansion. He greeted maids with a friendly smile and stole a slice of cake from the cooks in the kitchen. Anti made his way back up to the bedroom he shared with his husband and sat on the edge of the bed. He admired Dark's features for a moment. It was always so incredible how people looked so much younger and innocent while they were sleeping. Anti tapped Dark's nose a few times before he opened his eyes. Dark grumbled and wrapped his arms around Anti's waist, bringing him onto the bed with him. Anti giggled as they laid facing each other. Dark shifted a little to get more comfortable. "So what do you want to do today?" He asked. Anti thought for a moment before replying. "I'm not sure... Maybe we could get the garden started today?" Dark leaned forward and kissed his husbands forehead. "I'd love to."

The sun shone bright in the sky as the two men tended the garder. An array of flowers and vegetables lay out before them. Anti was paying much care to a rose bush, his favorite flowers. Dark was pulling up weeds and threw a dandelion at Anti's shoulder. The other man narrowed his eyes ans pulled out a weed of his own, chucking it at Dark's head. The older chuckled and got up, discreetly taking a handful of dirt with him. He quickly threw the dirt at Anti's back and started to run through the garden as Anti ran after him, leaving a string of curses behind himself.

Only the clatter of cutlery against porcelain could be heard in the giant dining room while they ate. Anti met out a sigh and looked at Dark out of the corner out of his eye. He put down his fork and rested his elbows on the table. "Dark... Have you ever wanted a family." His voice was quiet. Dark stopped with his spoon stuck mid-air, mouth agape. Slowly putting the spoon down, he cleared his throat. "No... Can't say I have, dear." Anti huffed at his answer and crossed his arms. "So, you wouldn't want a little girl to spoil and spin around, or a little boy to wrestle with and tickle? You wouldn't enjoy the little pitter patter of feet? Or perhaps the struggle of raising a family, and feeling fulfilled in the end?" Anti's voice had slowly risen an octive as he spoke. Dark leaned back a little. "Anti, I don't see what you're getting so upset about. I don't want a child because I'm not ready, I have too many responsibilities as it is with being the mayor of the city!" Anti put his head in his hands. "I-I know, Dark, I just... I don't know what came over me." Warm arms wrapped around his body, and he looked up to his his husband kneeling beside his chair. Dark moved some hair out of his eyes with a sad smile. "I know, it's alright. I'll think about it though." Anti grinned and wrapped his arms around Dark's neck and kissed him, hard. Dark stood up with his arms still around Anti's waist. A knock startled the both of them out of the kiss.

The older groaned softly and broke away from the embrace to answer the door. Dark pulled it open to see a smaller woman, sagging skin, bony, and grey haired. Something straight out of a fairy tale. Dark was about to close the door again, assuming that she was just a begger. The woman stopped the door though with her cane. "I saw roses. Beautiful roses outside of your house. Would you be kind enough to let me take one? My daughter is coming back home from her studies, and her birthday was just recently. As you can see, I don't have much. It would mean the world to her if I could present her with her favorite flower." Dark frowned slightly. "I'm sorry, but those are my husband's flowers. Now-" she cut him off. "Please, I just ask of one rose! It doesn't even have to be the best, just one." Anti spoke before Dark could. "Why of course you can have one. Let me just grab my shoes real quick." Dark gripped his wrist before he could and looked down at the woman. "No is my final answer. Now good evening!" He slammed the door shut in the woman's face. They just turned away when there was a pounding on the door. Dark growled and open the door once again to see not the old woman, but instead a young and beautiful one. She stood much taller than the two men and had a powerful aroura. She spoke in a calm and wispy voice that was laced with anger. "You. You are corrupted. For you cannot do a simple favor for a poor soul. You do not care for anyone else besides yourself and your husband, but I know you wouldn't give him the chance at a family. You would just lie. So, I give you a curse to bear, and a lesson to learn. Good evening, Mayor." And with that she walked away. Dark was shocked to say the least but instantly put his mental walls back up. Anti pushed on his shoulder. "Dark! I would have been happy to give her a rose! And what did she mean by..." He stopped ranting, caught off guard by Dark's expression.

Dark looked green, he tilted to the side and fell to the ground. Anti gasped and yelled out for someone, a maid, a cook, anyone. He knelt down to Dark and felt his forehead. He was suddenly burning hot, but his teeth chattered as if he were cold. A butler came to assist, quite shocked himself to see his boss laying on the floor and looking horribly. Dark was carried back up to the bedroom where he was tended to. One of the maids said that she had called a doctor, and that he would arrive in the morning.

Anti stayed by his husbands side all night, and soon he couldn't keep his eyes open, letting the need to sleep consume him. Anti woke up later into the night. The moon shone through the window, lighting the room up slightly. He was about to cuddle back up with Dark, only to start panicking when he wasn't in the bed. Anti jumped up and threw on his robe, scanning the room. He looked in the bathroom, not seeing Dark in there either. All of the workers were most likely sleeping and he didn't want to wake them, they deserved some sleep. So Anti clambered down the stairs to look some more, he whispered out his husbands name. He was about to give up when the balcony above him creaked. He ran back up the stairs and noticed Dark's robe laying on the ground. He gently picked it up and examined the cloth. The robe was torn to shreds. Anti held it to his chest with a new found worry and called out Dark's name more loudly this time. He jogged down the hallways and made it to one of the guest bedrooms. He pressed up against the door and listened. A soft groan came from behind it. Anti carefully opened the door. A large figure stood by the window. Anti's heart jumped in his throat. "Dark?" He whispered. The figure whipped around to show a Beast. The same beast that Anti had dreamt about. He backed up against the door and screamed, utterly terrified. The Beast stepped over and covered Anti's mouth with a giant paw. "Anti, shush! It's me, Dark!" Anti was clawing at the Beast's paw with his hands, but stopped when he heard the Beast talk. He tilted his head to the side and said. "Dark?" Which was still muffled by the paw. The Beast nodded and slowly removed his paw. Anti got a closer look at his hairy face and saw some of the characteristics that were in Dark's features. Warm crimson eyes, strong jaw line. Anti reached out to put a hand on his husbands chest. "What happened to you?" He managed to choke out. Dark placed a paw over Anti's much smaller hand with a loud sigh. "I'm afraid that the woman cursed me. She said things about 'giving me a lesson to learn' or whatever. I thought that she was just a crazy old bat." Anti wrapped his arms around Dark's torso. "I told you, you should have let me give her a rose."

To Be Continued...