·Stranded· (Pt. One)

Thank you marshmallownavi for the idea!! Sorry it took so long, I just haven't had much motivation lately haha-

Anti

Tired fingers clasped around the pen, lifting it, then pressing the ball point end against the paper gently. The wrist moved and the fingers flexed as he made small and scrawled letters, flowing across the paper as he poured his soul into it. He was worried he would soon have no soul left to spill.

As the motions came to a stop and he read over the raw words to make sure there were no errors, he set down the pen. His other hand took the small bottle of cologne. The same cologne his husband had bought him on their second anniversary.

He screwed off the plastic cap, painted to look gold, and set it to the side. It dully glinted in the light that sifted through the plush curtains. Turning the bottle to its side as to not dump too much of the fragrance out, he dripped some on the corner of the paper. Putting the bottle off to the side, he folded the corner over, then folded the paper in half.

He opened the drawer that hung above his legs. His tired fingers once again grabbed, but this time at a red envelope. Red was his husbands favorite color. A dark crimson, to be exact. Almost like blood. He inserted the paper into the envelope and licked along the line on the flap to activate the glue. Flipping the flap back down against the envelope, he firmly pressed it in assurance that it would stick.

The man let out a long breath. He was tired.

He got up and took the envelope in hand, walking out of the dark office and into their bedroom. In the room, more red envelopes sat stacked precariously balanced on the nightstand. Some had fallen amomg the flowers placed on the floor.

Anti added a new envelope to the pile. He glanced at the others and sighed. There were too many. His husband had been gone for too long. He hadn't been able to sleep in their bed for months. Five months and twelve days. Nearing half a year.

Too long.

Anti remembered the last day he saw his husband back in the end of summer. It was blistering hot, but the tears pouring down his face cooled his red cheeks as he blubbered to his husband, begging him not to go.

"I must. They gave me my break, but I have to get back to my job now."

Anti curled his arms around himself. He felt so weak for breaking down like this. His husband needed him to be strong. He hicupped and cursed. He felt like such a child. "Please, Damien... I almost lost you once. I can't, I can't-" Dark embraced Anti, cooing softly and rubbing his back. Trying to calm his husbands shaky nerves.

"You won't lose me," he pulled away to hold Anti's face tenderly, the pads of his thumbs rubbing over Anti's scruffy jaw. "I can promise you that," he kissed away Anti's tears. He hated seeing Anti cry. "I love you so much. Here." Dark took Anti's hand from his chest to place something in it.

"My father gave it to my mother when he went to war. She gave it to me, telling me to give it to my spouse whenever I went off on a journey of my own. She said it would protect them from harms way. I want you to keep this. Wear it close to your heart." Anti nodded sniffling and taking his sleeve to wipe at his runny nose.

Someone yelled for Dark, to which he turned to them and waved. Quickly turning back to Anti, he kissed him passionately. Anti threw his arms around Dark's neck to deepen it. He wanted this moment to last. He needed to savor it. They called again for Dark, and he reluctantly pulled away from the kiss. "I love you, Anthony."

Dark choked back his own tears and ran off to his coworker. Jumping in the plane, people around Dark ran out of the way as he started the engines. Anti ran towards the plane until a couple of people grabbed him to keep him back. "I love you, Dark!"

He reached into his pocket and pulled out the necklace Dark had given him that day. A small ruby pendant hung heavily on the thick chain.

Dark had promised Anti wouldn't lose him. That was five months and twelve days ago.

Dark
Four months ago

Everything had been going alright. The crew was safe, the cargo was strapped down and secure. The radars had told him nothing but clear skies ahead. That's why he wasn't prepared for the large black clouds rapidly approaching his plane.

Forks of lightning struck the sky and thunder creates loud booms. The wind harshly grabbed at the wings like cold fingers, willing for them to break.

Dark tried to take control, his co-pilot yelled violently when hail the size of golf balls hit the windshield. Rain hit the plane with more force than Dark could have ever imagined.

Soon into the storm peices of the plane was being torn off and a few of the crew had been swept into the horrendous winds. Then the plane shook harshly again and plummeted to the ground in a spiral of bloodcurdling screams of terror.

To Be Continued...