·You're Too Stubborn·

"You're reading the map upside down."

"I am not."

Anti rolled his eyes and snatched the map from Dark's hands. He turned it right side up and gave it back to his friend. Dark shrugged. "Honeslty it doesn't look any different from before." He said nonchalantly while walking further down the path. Anti glanced to the horizon through the trees to see that the sun had started setting. "Just let me have the map. We'll be walking around in circles in the dark if you keep leading us." Anti tried to take the map away again. Dark lifted it out of Anti's reach and crooned in response. "I know what I'm doing. Relax. You're always so tense." Anti felt his eye twitch. "Well maybe it's because I'm always afraid you're going to get us killed! We'll be out here in the dark, and cold, and trying to fend off bears!" Dark tapped his chin thoughtfully. "I wouldn't mind the bears so much. Having a big strong man find us out here- oh my heart just flutters at the thought of it." Anti threw his hands in the air. "Stop your incessant queer thoughts for a moment and just let me find the way back to the cabin!" He yelled. Dark put a hand on his hip and bonked Anti on the head with the map. "Hey, don't single me out. You're queer as hell too." Anti batted the arm hitting him with the map away from him and sighed. "Please, man, just give me the map." They both stood there in a moment of silence. Dark seemed to be deep in thought before finally answering. "Nah." Anti had had enough at this point and tackled Dark. He clinged onto the other man like a Karen to a shopping network.

Anti tried with all his might to grab the map, but ultimately failed and fell on his ass to the ground. Dark laughed loudly, immediately feeling guilty at the look on his friends face. He helped Anti back to his feet and dusted the dirt from his shirt. "Fine, I'll give it to you. But if you end up leading us in circles too, I'll be making fun of your ass all night." Anti elbowed Dark playfully. "You already do that." Dark raised an eyebrow. "Actually you have quite a nice ass. It's round and-" Anti kicked Dark's shin. "Perv." He said through clenched teeth, trying not to let his smile through. Dark fanned his face dramatically with his hand. "Oh please, you haven't seen the worst of me." Anti rolled his eyes for about the millionth time that day and proceeded to try and find their way back to the cabin. After many failed attempts, Anti and Dark found themselves back at the same spot they had been trying to get away from for the past few hours. "So Doctor, any thoughts on how to get us out of this imbroglio?" Dark asked tiredly as he sat on a log. "Imbroglio? You made that up." Anti replied, sitting next to Dark. "Actually it's a real word. A synonym for predicament." He countered. Anti threw the map down at their feet and put his head in his hands. "We're going to die here." Dark patted Anti's back. "And you call me dramatic." He added. Anti's head shot up. "Well you are most of the time. I add to the drama once in a while. Keeps things spicy." Dark pursed his lips. "Sure, give yourself all the credit." Anti smiled. "Don't you dare deny it Mr. Doom. Your life would be utterly boring without me." Dark's foot tapped against the ground as he grumbled back. "Fine, maybe it would be."

Anti put on his best lovesick impression and reached out his arms to Dark. "Aw, you love me." Dark turned guarded eyes back towards Anti. "That isn't at all what I just said." Anti leaned in quickly to hug him. "It's exactly what you said." He shot back, his voice slightly muffled against Dark's chest. Dark chuckled and hugged him back. "You're delusional." Anti just shrugged and pulled away from the hug. "Do you wanna try and find our way back home?" Dark picked up the map. "I thought you'd never ask." He stood up and pointed in a random direction. Let's go that way and see where it takes us." He ran off through the trees. Anti sighed. "I regret my decions..." He mumbled while jogging after Dark. Surprisingly Dark's idea had worked and they found themselves walking through the campsite to where their cabin sat. "Thank goodness, my feet feel like they're on fire." Anti faceplanted into the couch. Dark went to the miniature fridge they had and got out a couple of water bottles, handing one off to Anti. The two stayed up a little longer and played board games, eventually they changed into pajamas and went to sleep. A few hours later though, Dark's slumber was interrupted by someone shaking his shoulder gently. "Anti? What's wrong?" He asked groggily. "I can't sleep. I want to take a walk, could you please come with me?" Dark squinted at his friend through the darkness. "I'm not going out at night." He argued and turned over. Anti groaned. "Please? I want to talk to you about something anyway." Dark sighed heavily before giving into his friends pleas and getting up.

Anti grinned and grabbed Dark's shoes, throwing them at him. "Move your old ass and let's go!" Dark slipped on his shoes. "You're only a year younger than me." Anti didn't seem to hear him and ran out the cabin door. The night was chilly and billions of stars lit up the dark sky. Dark yawned and rubbed his eyes. "Anti? Where'd you go?" He got his answer when Anti ran up behind him and pushed him along the gravel path to the edge of the woods. Dark planted his feet to stop Anti from dragging him into the nightmarish looking trees. "Where the hell do you think you're going?" Dark asked. Anti walked closer to the trees. "I saw a stream ealier on our walk, and I wanted to see if I could follow it back to the source. The park ranger said there's a small waterfall back there." Dark shook his head. "Anti, I'm not going in there at this time of night."

"Please? It'll be fun."

"No."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

Dark covered his face with his hands. "Whatever. If I die it's on you." Anti jumped in place, thoroughly excited. He grabbed Dark's hand and dragged him into the wood. They felt their way through the dark, cursing from time to time either from running into a tree or getting caught on rogue branch full of thorns. At least ten minutes into their journey, Anti stopped. "Do you hear that?" They stayed silent for a few moments. Dark sniffed. "I hear an owl hooting. That's all." Anti started to jog off in a different direction. "It's running water!" Only after Anti pointed it out had Dark heard the water. It was faint, but no doubt was there. Dark ran after Anti, and almost fell a few times, but was awestruck when he had come to where Anti was. A small waterfall glimmered beautifully in the light of the moon, the water cascading off the rocks like a million diamonds. Anti turned to look back at Dark with a large grin, beckoning him closer with a finger. Anti tapped Dark's chin once he was close enough. "You're gaping like a fish." Dark smiled. "Who wouldn't be shocked by this. It's gorgeous." Anti nodded in agreement.  They stood there, just enjoying the wonder of the nature around them. Anti shuffled his feet and made a decision. If Dark was suspecting anything surprising that night, it certainly wasn't Anti kissing him. AntI grabbed his hand and closed the gap between them, pulling away quickly after. Dark giggled and pulled Anti back into an embrace, molding their lips together once more.