5:False sense of safety

*huff* *huff* I think I'm far enough

You've been running for days without leaving a trace of your whereabouts, you've set up traps for the tracking dogs by leaving your items in the opposite direction and making sure to make your scent as faint as possible.

The "high" wore off and now you're in the middle of a forest clearing without a clue about your location. This happens often you've had many close calls for you reckless, and rather stupid, actions. A Shinobi must never be driven by their heart because if they do they'll show their weakness, and that should never be done. But there's no one to enforce that rule on you anymore, you're free to do whatever your heart desires, you can make your own rules and stray away from the mission anytime you wish. The slash on your headband determines it.

It's been nearly 11 days since the encounter with the hidden leaf ninja. The 5 ninjas must have reported seeing you by now and the Anbu must be searching for you at this very moment.

 The Anbu black ops are very determined and skilled ninja. They don't quit until they've done what was needed. They're first-class strategists and cover ground quickly, To a complete beginner of the art of escaping, they're ruthless wizards that teleport pace to place. But you are no stranger to fleeing, whoever it was, wherever you were, if you wanted to disappear they'd never hear a single word about you ever again. In the eyes of an expert, the Anbu were only using the weakness of the target against them.

In this case, it was your tailed beasts, they know that you can't run from them forever because of the Immense amount of chakra they require. You could either let them eat from your stash or they could take it from someone else aka the person your fighting. Taking other chakras for food isn't the most discreet action. Once the beasts are full they'll leave a mark on the victim, usually, it was a mark of death for those who are not strong enough to fight it. It was the last thing your friends felt when they passed, a sudden burn then the smell of burnt flesh and alas death. That's what took them out.

The Abu would take advantage of this and send their spies far and wide in hopes to find you. You know this because you used to be an Anbu captain, those were your prime times, everyone would listen to you and take your opinions very seriously, you loved it. You loved being with your friends and your dad. Those times were great, it's a true shame that they didn't last long.

Oi! We are going to need to eat soon, Itachi Won't supply us for long.

*sigh* just save it up as much as you can, I'll figure out where I could get some more food for you two.

Okay Y/n, we could last just a few more days with this.

Like hell we can, there's no way we'll be able to survive for long.

Well maybe if you didn't eat as much we could.

*scoff* I wouldn't have to eat this much if you'd just give y/n some chakra for a change.

Wait, Genso you don't give me chakra?

Erm...well Kanashimi does it for me .....

Yeah because you won't do it, damn coward. He's also the reason your pain is doubled when you use us.

What?!

Err...I- umm- well that's because-

No, these no excuse, he's greedier than I am, he eats at your energy daily causing you to be weak. Which means I'm the good one and Genso is a pile of trash.

Hey, that's not true-

Wow and here I thought Kanashimi was terrible, turns out the both of you are shit.

What?! But I'm the one who reported this, that means I deserve to eat sooner than Genso, so go ahead and find me a worthy person

Wait no I want to eat-

No, you have to wait and we don't just attack innocent people.

Throw away your morals y/n there's no use in caring for others.

If I do as you say I'd be just like them Kanashimi, the people I hate

Whatever. you just-

Something interrupted Kanashimi

"I swear Kakashi sensei we saw her back there, we are way off track now," said a very familiar voice, a voice that matched the tone of a boy named Naruto

What was that?