25:Back into reality

"Don't push yourself," he said warningly but with a worry in his voice.

You sighed but nevertheless, listened to your father, "Okay."

You noticed that the usual coverage on your face was gone. Your dad caught on to your confusion because he then said, "they took it off, it was restricting how well you could breathe."

You nodded, but despite that you felt slightly uncomfortable since that mask had grown close to you. Again, as if he could read your mind, your dad said, "don't worry, it's just Naruto and I."

You looked to his side and saw the boy you confessed your love to just seconds before your death. He gave you a reassuring smile.

They say smiles are contagious and no other moment can prove that statement like that moment right there because as soon as that smile spread across a small smile appeared on yours too.

"Yeah, okay," you said with a newfound confidence.

 The door opened and a familiar pink headed girl walked in.

"It may be awhile until she wakes up so you two can go home—"

The group of three turned their attention to the pink headed girl that was too busy having her nose buried in a clipboard to notice your awakening. When she finally directed her attention towards them she saw you.

"Y/n! You're awake," she walked closer to you and checked if everything was okay. Sakura sighed and mustered enough courage to tell the girl what she'd been feeling, "I...Im so sorry, y/n. I didn't know what came over me. I was just so intimidated by you and I guess I was also...jealous," she said.

You looked at her intently, completely stunned at her sudden apology. Was someone making her apologize? No, that couldn't be, it she sounded sincere.

"Don't worry about it, Sakura," you replied. Even though the girl had hurt you, you didn't hold a grudge against her. You understood she was scared of you just like most.

She shook her head, "No, I owe you an apology. I was rude and completely blinded by my anger."

"Anger?" Your head slightly tilted. 

"Yeah, anger. Because of Naruto, to be honest I was starting to like him and seeing you with him 24/7 really bothered me. So I tried to set you up as a bad guy, I used whatever I could to do so. And because of your past it wasn't so hard to create this idea of you." She looked at you straight in the eyes and said the following, "It wasn't until I saw Naruto's reaction to your death that I realized that he really cared about you. And now that I had time to think I've also realized that I was wrong." She sighed, "I'm really sorry, y/n. I know it wasn't any of my business to dig in your files then tell everyone else about you and for that, I truly am sorry. I hope you forgive me," she said.

The room stayed silent; Sakura waited for an answer as you thought about what to say next. 

You gave a soft smile, "I told you already, don't worry about it, I forgive you," you told her.

She gasped, "Really?"

"Yeah," you replied.

Sakura engulfed you in a hug. Your body tensed as she did so, you weren't used to such interactions. Sakura's grasp on you tightened, which only restricted air from your lungs. 

"S-Sakura...can't breath," you huffed out barely able to move in her bear hug.

"H-Huh? Oh yeah, sorry!" She blushed out of embarrassment.

 You blinked a couple of time trying to regain a clear vision from the lack of oxygen. Normally that would be nothing but since you were in a weak state the hug was more than enough to damage your sight.