14:A wild goose chase

You flew out of the shop and into the busy village, you zipped through the tight spaces they left, ignoring the yells of irritation and just spat out a short, "Sorry!"

You flew above everyone to look at your surroundings and spotted Naruto doing the Same but from the ground. The two of you made eye contact, your eyes widened and he did too. You heard him yell, "Y/N, GET BACK HERE," just before you flew away using the crowd as an advantage to hide.

Third POV

"Argh, I'll just have to track her down," Naruto said and made 4 shadow clones. "Alright let's find Y/n," they shouted simultaneously and shot their fists in the air. They climbed the buildings to get some high ground and they saw y/n speeding through the crowd. "Oi, y/n," Naruto shouted, "I'm right behind you!"

Y/n turned to see Naruto and...four other Naruto's? 'Heh, shadow clones eh, well two can play at that game.' Y/n made five copies of herself just to one-up him. The clones appeared but they didn't come with her infamous pillow. 'I guess I'll have to ditch the pillow then' She hopped off the pillow and continued to run

"She can make some clones of her own, that'll just make this even more of a challenge," The real Naruto said, "Okay, let's do it," the rest said.

Y/n climbed one of the buildings and had a clear view of Naruto and his clones. She began to run, each of her clones going off in a different direction.

"That's not enough to lose me," Naruto made one more clone of himself and they began to chase all of y/n's clones.

Your pov

Naruto was currently chasing you down. You knew the real one was after you and he knew you were the real one too but that's what you wanted. You had a plan, a plan to lose him and he was falling right into your trap. First, you'd lead Naruto as far away from the center of the village as you can, but still in the perimeter of the gates. You have your clones doing the same thing and eventually, you would meet. But when they all come together it will be then that Naruto realizes that you're not amongst the crowd, not the real you anyway. And just when he tries to come back he won't find you in your home, you'll be in the spot where you used to gaze at the stars with your dad or Jiraiya.

Now it was time to put your plan into action, so you headed towards a long rigorous path covered with rocks, trees and tons of tight spaces. You pretended to miss the branch you were about to land on and right at that moment is when you did it, you made a clone of yourself just when the branch gave you the cover to do so. The real you took cover in a bush as you watched you clone get up from the "fall" and kept moving.

You heard Naruto yell out to you just as "you" were about to keep ongoing. "Y/n!" He said, "Are you okay?" You didn't answer and kept going, "Y/n, you're running into a dead-end," he said.

They soon began to turn into small specks in the distance. 'Wow he's an idiot' You turned back in the direction that you came from and went into your old spot to take a nap.

Time skip

You laid there, floating above the edge of a Clift. It was peaceful, the sun was setting spreading beautiful hues of orange, pink and purple and everything, or should I say everyone in Konoha has seemed to settle down leaving only those who do not wish to sleep at this late hour.

The sun had set and the moon had arisen, the stars shone as brightly as ever and everything seemed at peace. You closed your eyes to finally take your long overdue nap. But of course, peace like this cannot go undisturbed, not for you at least. You sensed the Chakra of none other than Naruto. 'What a nuisance'

"OI! Y/n," he growled, "yes?" You groaned, "I've been looking for you for hours," he finished. "You found me," you said holding back a grin. "I thought this was going to be easy," he said while sighing. He stood at the edge of the Clift, "Get down here," he said. You steered your pillow just above the ground and saw Naruto all scratched up.

'That's all my fault, ugh now I feel bad.'

You adjusted your pillow to a bigger size and said, "Get on," you signaled for Naruto to sit next to you. "Uh, Okay," he said hesitantly wondering if this was another trap. You flew higher than before with no intention of escaping.

Say sorry to him y/n you shouldn't have done that

No, don't do that, let's kill him instead

Who invited you here?

We live in you idiot. We can speak to you whenever we please

Get out

What?! Do you think you can just shut us out? Well, I have news for you-

She stopped talking, you were getting stronger, you were learning how to control them. While you still didn't have complete control, you can still get them out of your head when they do not belong there, Aka when you haven't used them.

"Uhh,y/n," Naruto said while waving his hand in front of your face. You snapped back into reality, "Huh? Oh sorry, I must have spaced out," you said while rubbing the back of your awkwardly. "Oh, that's okay, I was just saying that this is really soft," he said. "Yeah," you said dully.

Both of you sat there in an uncomfortable silence until you broke it. "Listen Naruto, I'm, uh, sorry," you said slightly struggling with the last part. "For sending you on a wild goose chase, I'm just not used to the company yet," you finished. Naruto chuckled, "It's okay," he said, you lifted your head to face him. "It was a challenge to keep up with you...or the clone you. It was pretty fun, plus its been a while since I trained so it was helpful," he finished. You smile a bit.

"Hey Y/n...?"

"Yeah?"

"I've been meaning to ask but I held back because I don't know if you'd want to answer," he said hesitantly.

"Go ahead and ask," you said

"Are you a jinjuriki?" He said in a serious tone. This caught you off guard and all you managed to say was a "huh?"

"Well, when you were fighting with Itachi, you blocked one of his moves with a bunch of concentrated chakra, but it wasn't ordinary chakra it was purple, and when your eyes opened they were glowing and they were those of a tailed beast," he said. "Plus I saw the way they look at you, the villagers, they look at you the same way they look at me, with fear, disgust, and anger," he finished in a softer tone.

'This kid is smarter than I thought'

"Yeah...I am a jinjuriki, I hold the 11 tailed dragons," You said.

"That makes us similar," he said, "I can see it in your eyes, the loneliness," he clarified.

"I guess it does," you said

Both of you sat in silence again, but it was comfortable this time. You both watched the stars until you heard light snores to your left. Naruto had fallen asleep, you wanted to wake him up but he looked at peace. So you did something unexpected, you went to sleep as well.