34: Mai is a bitch

Hi guys...enjoy the story:)

...

Haha, what if I kill your old man right in front of you, brat? 

Kanashimi!

What?!

Stop it.

Don't use that tone with me bastard!

 The tailed beasts stayed in your head for the entire morning. They lingered there in intervals, for a few minutes they appeared then they left. You tried your best to make them leave forcefully and it worked for a couple of hours until they reappeared. 

Kanashimi drilled threats in you, ones that made your eye twitch every few seconds. She knew what kept you up at night and used it to her advantage, she and Genso know you best, after all, they reside in you, it wouldn't make sense if they didn't. 

Though it was soothing to hear Genso silence his partner, it made you feel uneasy. What was he planning? He wouldn't be nice otherwise...

This stupid mission is so boring, where the hell is that rogue ninja!

I hope they don't show up.

It's only the second day, we'll run into them eventually.

Tch, they better be strong for how long they're making us wait.

 The mission was bumpy, definitely, but the main threat has not appeared, there was no time to think of anything else...but even so, many questions floated in your mind.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a girl that you quickly learned to be cautious around.

 "Ahhhh, my feet are killing me!! We need to stop, I'm so hungry! Naruto-Kun, carry meee!" Said an extra whiny voice while they threw themselves on top of the blonde. 

Naruto stumbled a bit trying to catch the girl. "I guess we can stop to get something to eat. Err, right, y/n?" Naruto said, a bit nervous to talk to you since the morning's confrontation.

 You nodded, "yeah, there's a shop nearby, five minutes away. In the meantime, Mai, you can sit on my pillow," you said, taking out the gravity defying object.

 The princess pouted at your offer. "There no way that thing is more comfortable than my Naruto-Kun," she told you as she rested her head at the crook of Naruto's neck. Naruto had no idea what to do. Whenever he asked Mai to not act like she was towards him, she would become very sad, and on the verge of tears. He didn't want to make the girl cry so he just made sure to never get at the same level she did. 

Your right hand twitched, annoyance latching itself onto you.

My Naruto!! Haha, the girl's got nerve! What's your next move y/n?! Can you even compete with her?

Of course, she can, Mai has a terrible personality, Naruto would never like a girl like that.

I can't do anything...

Fucking loser.

Her sentence made you tick. 

"Very well then," you said, ignoring the girl's inappropriate actions towards a very uncomfortable boy.

"M-Mai? Hey, stop that."

Time skip 

"I have to go to the restroom really quick," Naruto said as he detached a very clingy girl off of him. 

Mai pouted, "Come back quick."

"Err, yeah, okay."

As Naruto left, Mai placed her eyes on you. "I'm really surprised you actually killed the kid," she said and giggled.