35: Temptation

You slammed the door open to an unoccupied restroom. Tears threaten to spill from your eyes. Confusion was flooded your mind. You never would cry for something like this, so why now is it that your acting so strange. You turned on the faucet and splashed some water on your face.

You felt two feet tall. Mai was getting to you. 'How?' You questioned, how is it that all of a sudden you care about another girl that's trying to get with Naruto. Why was she making you feel this way? You felt so weak.

"Damn it, get yourself together!" You said with you fists clenched.

"You're an idiot. why are you crying? Stop it."

You desperately wanted to stop the running tears from your eyes. You had no idea why this was all happening now. Usually, you were great at holding back your tears. You hated how this felt.

You didn't want to lie to Naruto. You didn't want another girl overstepping her boundaries with the blonde either.

Every attempt you or Naruto made to try and make Mai stop she would ignore. She was playing mind games with you and you finally sunk in.

All the taunts, All the remarks, and moves she made towards you, what were they all for? What did she have against you? You did nothing to her yet she hates your guts.

You felt like crap, your body ached as well as your heart. You just wanted to go home.

Suddenly the door opened and you felt Mai walk in. Goosebumps emerged from your body. You were a bit shocked that you weren't able to sense her before she walked in. Were you really that indulged in your own emotions? Immediately you wiped away your tears.

The princess let out a long annoyed sigh, "Hurry the fuck up y/n, you're taking too long. Believe it or not, I have to get home so stop wasting my time. You're nothing but dead weight on this trip. I wish it was just Naruto and I," she said very bitch like.

You questioned how someone could be so fake. Mai presented herself with such kindness its now clear it was all a lie.

You decided to ask a bit of a risky question. "What is it that you feel for Naruto?"

The girl smirked, "Why are you asking? Are you getting anxious about our relationship?"

"No, I'm not. I was curious, you just seem so attached to someone that feels the same way for someone else," you told her. It was dangerous to say that definitely, you didn't know what came over you at that moment but it felt good to say it.

Oh wow, look who's finally stepping up instead of being a pussy. I would say I'm proud of you but the truth is you probably won't do it again.

It most likely wasn't the best move, think about the village. You better hope Mai isn't too angered.

The smirk was wiped off of Mai's face. It was replaced with furrowed eyebrows.

"Excuse me?" She laughed, "Here's something you don't understand. Naruto is questioning your personality. Ever since you started to go off and murder innocent children, your noodle has been chatting with me. It's not too hard to tell him how horribly you've been treating me," she said.

"What?" You questioned, before this conversation you've been nothing but nice to Mai.

"Oh yeah, I've told him that you've been taking your anger out on me. But that's not the best part, since he was so eager to take your side and defend you I knew I had to do something about it. So what better way than to make him think that you're a whore." Her voice was full of malice and pure evil. She was smarter than you thought.