31: The boy

You grabbed the kid by the back of the shirt and lifted him up. As you raised the boy you felt something leave him, you wondered what it was.

Weird      (This mean that they were speaking at the same time)

Your thoughts didn't last long because the boy tried to kick and punch you in the air, but you kept him a distance from yourself to not get hit.

"Who are you?" You asked, your voice completely absent of any emotion.

"Like I'd tell you!" The boy said, still attempting to kick you.

You sighed, the kid was obviously not a ninja. "What were you trying to accomplish when you attempted to attack us?" You asked.

"I-I Don't Know! I mean...ugh just put me down, lady!" He yelled.

This sparked your interest, "You don't know? Did someone tell you to attack us? Did you do it on your own accord?" You interrogated.

You could tell he was getting frustrated. "Argh! Stop asking so many questions! Put me down!" He demanded.

Your eyes narrowed and you furrowed your eyebrows, "Listen, kid, I'm not going to let you go until you tell me who you are and why you tried to attack the princess."

The boy's breath hitched when your emotionless persona was changed into a very intimidating one. "I...I didn't try to—" he was interrupted. 

"Ugh, just kill him already!" Mai yelled in an inpatient cry.

You turned to the girl, a bit annoyed. The kid was just about to say something useful and she cut him off, then you processed what she said, kill him. 

"Huh? But Mai he's a kid," Naruto Immediately reasoned.

"He tried to kill me!" She said as she pointed a finger at the boy.

"We don't know that," you told her.

"He had a weapon!" She shrieked.

"Anyone could carry a kunai just as an accessory to spark fear in another," you tried to explain to her.

"Yeah!" Naruto agreed, he was clearly against her demand.

The girl huffed then came closer to you, she lowered her voice so only you and the kid next to you could hear, "Kill him or else I'll tell my father that purposely let someone go in an attempt to kill me." She giggled, "And that wouldn't go too well for the hidden leaf village...wouldn't want innocent people getting harmed," she warned in a chilling tone.

You looked into her eyes and what you saw staring back at you was spine chilling. This was the first time you got close to the girl and just like her smile, staring deep in her eye made you feel sick. You tore your eyes away from her, you didn't like her, there's just something wrong about her, you didn't know how to describe it.

"Oh, and don't you dare tell Naruto what I told you...I better hear his screams," she said in her normal high pitch girly tone and walked back to the blonde-headed boy.

You stood there, not knowing what to do.

He's...a kid.

He could be tricking you y/n, you don't know what his intentions are.

Don't let that child fool you, he'll kill you when he gets the chance.

I—

Your attention was put back to the girl as she decided to speak again.

"Well I understand that he's just a boy so you don't have to kill him, y/n," Mai announced but just when Naruto looked away from her she gave you a glare, telling you to do it.