Chapter 1

A new boy! Never! There is always new girls. But never new guys!

"Hello! I'm Melanie. The president of the student council, I'll be showing you around today."

He stands up. He is wearing ripped jeans and a black shirt... Something Daniel would wear.

"I'm Zach." he says, "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too."

I pick up some papers off of the front desk. "Follow me."

I walk toward my locker. "This is my locker. Anytime during the day I'll be here, or in class... Or lunch. So, if you need me, that's where I'll be."

I show him around to his locker, and his classes. "It's about lunch now. I'll show you to the cafeteria. You're welcome to sit with my friends and I." Friends... What about Daniel? Well... It's fine. We walk to the lunchroom, and we get to my table. The bell hasn't rung yet, so nobody's there. "You might not want to wait in a long line, so I recommend you get close to the lunch line door. I'll be here by the time a lot of people start arriving. I need to get my lunchbox from my locker. Cya, Zach."

I arrive at my locker by the time people come out of homeroom. I open my locker and grab my lunchbox as I feel a pair of arms wrap around my neck from behind.

"Karen. Get off of me."

"Whhhyyyy?" I feel her chin lean on my head.

"You're gonna mess up my hair!" I rip away from her and shut my locker. We all walk to the cafeteria, Karen, Becca, and I. We all plop down in our spots. Becca on the left of me, and Karen across from me. Zach plops down beside Karen.

"This the new kid?" Karen says, looking at Zach oddly.

"No, I'm a fifty-year-old teacher." Zach retorts. I can't help but crack up laughing. I don't even notice Daniel plop down beside me before he asks, "What's so funny?" Daniel takes his eyes off of me and looks at Zach. "Oh, hey Zach."

"Hey, Daniel." Zach replied like they've known each other for years.

"Oh so... This is my girlfriend, Melanie. She had to show you around today?"

"Yeah... So, this is the girl you've spent the past week with? Dang... I thought she would have been better looking than this..."

Becca stares at Zach. Karen slowly gets up and so does Daniel. My chest suddenly has a pain in it.

"Do you want to die, newbie?" Karen yells.

"Take a chill pill guys... I'm not saying she's ugly... I thought she'd look more like... Corbyn's girlfriend... Uhm... Gloria?"

"Gracie." I reply, "My sister."

"Yeah... Wait, your sister?"

"Yes! And I'd appreciate it if you stop look shaming me and calling my sister hot! I mean, sure she is, but she has a boyfriend! Keep your thoughts like that to yourself!" I scoot closer to Daniel and lean into him, taking deep breaths. When he wraps his arm around me, is the first time I feel safe and loved by someone, other than Gracie.

Does Daniel actually love her? Will something happen between them? 

(Really short chapter sorry)

Step Brothers ~ Why Don't We [Complete]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें