Chapter 2

The last bell rings. I pick up my stuff. I need to get out of here. Zach is in this class... I can't confront him again. I'm so embarrassed. I feel a hand grasp my shoulder. I scream and whip around.

"What's wrong?" Zach says, "I just want to talk to you."

"I- Uhh... Well I don't want to talk to you."

"Just five minutes."

"The busses leave in five minutes."

"You don't ride the bus."
"Dang... What do you need?"

"I didn't mean to look shame you or whatever you said. Just Genevieve..."

"Gracie."

"Daniel usually dates girls that look like Gianna."

"Gracie"

"Whatever! Look, I'm trying to say I'm sorry."

"Cool, bye" I turn away and start walking. I walk out to my parking space and see Daniel leaning against my car.

"Where've you been?" Daniel asks.

"Zach apologized. It was a crappy one, but it counts."

"I'll treat you to dinner or something to make it up to you. And then I'll make it even better tonight."

"Ok..." I finally caught a sense of him caring about me. We haven't gone on an actual date for three months. I'm sort of excited. I unlock my car and we both hop in.

"So, where do you want to go tonight? I'll drop you off at your house so you can get actual clean clothes. I'll pick you up at-" Daniel leans in and kisses me. Then again. Then again. After a few more I break it.

"Daniel, we need to plan an actual date tonight... It's been three months!"

"Fine. We can go to the Melting Pot... And you are not paying for your meal."

"I love the melting pot!" This is the first time I've smiled when we're together since we started dating. Maybe Daniel does love me... I turn on the car and drive to his house. It's a big modernized mansion. HIs parents are rich like mine... Except his love him.

"Bye, Daniel. Cya at... 6?"

"Yup. I'm picking you up."

"I didn't know you knew how to drive." I laugh at my not-so-funny-joke. Daniel flicks me and gets out of the car. I back out and drive to Gracie and I's house.

After I arrive at my house, I hurry into the building. I drop all of my stuff and run to my room. "Hi Corbyn, hi Gracie" I say, passing them without noticing that they were making out. I close my door and hop into the shower. After about ten minutes, I get out and go to my closet.

"Hot... I need something hot..."

I grab a red dress. "This is going to make me die of suffocation". I put it back and grab a navy-blue dress, which is just as tight. "Screw it... I'm wearing the red one..." I rip the red one out of the closet and go back into my bathroom.

When I'm completely ready, it's about 5:30. Only thirty more minutes. I'll text Karen and Rebecca.

M- What's up guys?

K- Nm, wbu?

R- I'm just laying in bed watching tv.

M- I finished getting ready for Daniel and I's date tonight. Leaving in 30.

K- Seriously, why are you dating him?

R- Karen, support her decisions.

M- Because I love him, a lot. And he loves me too. Gtg guys.

I turn off my phone. I understand why Karen hates him, because I used to, too. I check the clock. 5:58. I need to pack my purse. I get out of bed and grab a COACH purse and pack it with the essentials. Lipstick, compact mirror, wallet, and quarters. I slide on some red flats and wait by the door.

I wait for twenty more minutes. He still hasn't shown. Why would he stand me up? Maybe I was wrong about him. "I think he stood me up..." I say to Corbyn and Gracie reluctantly. "If he did, I'm ripping his throat out." Gracie says back, with anger in her voice.

"Gracie, calm down. I bet he'll come. And if he doesn't then we'll take you out to the movies or something." Corbyn responds.

I hear a knock at the door. I open it, and a wave of relief washes over me. Daniel. He's wearing a white shirt and a gray coat, with a black tie.

"You were twenty minutes late! Why would you do that to me!" I yell, "I thought you stood me up!!"

"Stop, Mel. I'm here, aren't I?" Daniel says calmly, "The traffic is horrible. And I put effort into looking ok for our date."

"Fine. At least you showed up..." I say.

I wrap my arms around his neck and plant a soft kiss on his lips. He grabs my hips and pulls me closer to him. I kiss him again... And again... And again... And again. Each kiss making me want more. He finally breaks a kiss. Is this how he feels when I do that to him? Angry, sad? It's alright. I am excited for tonight though.

Daniel takes my hand. "Lets go. We have to be there by seven thirty. It's about six thirty now."

"WHY WOULD YOU LET ME KISS YOU FOR TEN MINUTES? WE MIGHT BE LATE NOW! LET'S GO!" I run and pull him outside to his car. I get inside the passenger seat and buckle in. The melting pot is about fifty minutes away from our house... But me and Daniel have never had that awkward silence on the dates we went on.

What will happen on their date? Will they meet new people?