Chapter 15

Sadie's POV

I get tucked into my soft, yellow bedspread. Gracie kisses my nose, "Goodnight, Sadie. I love you."
"I love you, too..." I whisper back.
Melanie kisses my forehead and throws three stuffed-animals on top of me, whispering a small "Yeet!" and then an "I love you, Sadie. I'm glad you get to stay with us."
"I love you too..." Melanie walks out of the room, shuts off the lights and closes a door. I slowly drift off to sleep.

I'm thrown harshly against the wall and slapped repeatedly across the face. "Why!? You are such a fucking mistake! Nobody fucking loves you! We should throw you out on the streets!" Mark screams at me. "M-mommy! P-please, help me!" I sob loudly.
"Shut the fuck up, Sadie! She doesn't love you, and she never will!" Mark yells again, bending me over his knee, and hitting my back and butt repeatedly with a paddle he calls the "stick". I can't fight back, no matter how much I want to, it'll make it worse.
"Mark! What the fuck are you doing?" Mom screams as she rushes in, attempting to get ahold of me from Mark's drunken grasp. Mark pushes Mom away, slams me against the wall again, knocking the wind out of me. I look up and Mark is about to hit Mommy in the head with the "stick".
"Mark, no!" I scream as the "stick" makes an impact on Mom's head. I rush out of the room to call the cops. 
(After the call was hung up by Mark.)
"Fuck you, Sadie! You're just a spoiled little brat! You don't deserve living in a house like this! Or parents like us! Rich, and  privileged!" Mark slaps me again, then punches me roughly in the stomach. 
"I'd rather live in a box by the freeway then live here with you!" I scream, and mark kicks me in the stomach. All I can do now is hope for the cops to arrive on time.

*

I wake up in a pool of sweat. I gasp for air after the horrifying scene I have just relived. I slide on my new slippers and creep down the hall to Melanie's room, knowing Jonah isn't there. I open the door and shake Mel slightly before she grumbles and wakes up.
"Mel... Can I stay with you tonight?" I ask nervously.
"Sure... Hop in..." She pulls back the covers and rolls over, drifting off to sleep. I get in bed with her and snuggle beneath the covers.

Melanie's POV

I groan as I get up, my back aching. I look over to Sadie fast asleep. I grab my laptop from my desk and get onto my school corporation's website. I get onto the Elementary sign-up page, and I start signing Sadie up for the fourth grade.

* (Le next day AKA School day)
I bolt up, bright and early, rush to the shower, and afterward pick out this outfit:

* (Le next day AKA School day)I bolt up, bright and early, rush to the shower, and afterward pick out this outfit:

I brush out my hair and put on some natural makeup. I rush into the kitchen and throw some brown-sugar cinnamon Pop-Tarts into the toaster. I run into Sadie's room, turn on the lights, and scream, "Wake up! You going to school bish!" 
She sits up immediately, "School!? Get out! Let me get dressed! Food best be ready when I get out!" I run out and pour some milk into two cups. I plate the pop tarts and set the island. Sadie runs out of her room wearing this (The outfit not the person lol):

"Aight, this is one good breakfast!" Sadie devours it quickly and slips on some black flats

"Aight, this is one good breakfast!" Sadie devours it quickly and slips on some black flats. She grabs her backpack, which is by the door, and I rush her outside to my car.

We arrive at the school, and she's about to get out. "Hey, Sadie," I say.
"Yeah?" Sadie looks back.
"If anyone bullies you, tell them you have two big sisters that will kick their ass... Except say butt, you might get in trouble for saying ass." She laughs and shakes her head, heading into the school, I watch her until she enters the office, then I drive away.

Sadie's POV

I walk into Ms. Matler's class, with my bag slung carelessly over my shoulder. Some of the people stop and look at me, and others carry on with their meaningless banter. I look around for a desk with my name on it. I find it and unpack.  "Ew, that dress is disgusting... Flats aren't making it any better..." Some girl snaps behind me. I whip my head around, staring her straight in her green eyes. 
"The only thing 'ew' in here, is your existence." I snap, then whip my head back around and make sure to flip my hair in her face. I hear a few gasps around me, and I internally smirk. A hand grasps my shoulder and whips me around.
"Nobody... And I mean nobody, talks to me like that." little miss princess scowls.
"Sweetheart," I twirl a piece of hair between my two fingers, "I think I just did." I hear someone whisper, "Buuurn!" in the now silent room. "Ugh!" She flips her hair dramatically and sashays off... Well attempts to. It just looks like she's swaying her nonexistent booty. I smile and mumble, "Little bitch," under my breath. 

*

I grab my lunchbox from the bin in the bookbag closet in the classroom and walk to the cafeteria. I sit down and unpack my lunchbox. Melanie made me a sub sandwich, packed some fruit, a small bag of chips, and a muffin... And a juice box! I love juice boxes... Oh my gosh... Juice is so good (My thoughts when I wake up in the morning). I immediately stab the straw into the apple juice pouch and take a huge drink of it. "Aggressive much?" someone asks, and I look up. A guy with brown hair and brown eyes is sitting across from me. He's kind of cute, I guess.
"Sorry, I really like apple juice..." I mumble, slightly blushing.
"Duuuuude, you should meet my stepbrother, Daniel."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Ok, so this dude is Zach's little brother, Ryan... We can pretend he's like 10, right? I mean it's fanfiction... fanFICTION! Anything can happen in fiction. Zach could freaking turn out to be a mermaid or something, btw he's not... But still.

-Mia