Chapter 3

Daniel shuts off the car and pops open his door. I unbuckle my seatbelt, about to get out of the car, when it opens. Confused, I look up. "Daniel?" I say, "Wait... I said that out loud. Why did you open the door for me? I'm perfectly capable..."

"Why can't I open the door for my lady love?" he grabs my hand and helps me out of the car.

I snort, "You're such a dork" Daniel tucks a stray hair behind my ear. I giggle and lie my head on his chest. He lifts my chin up and smiles at me. Daniel leans in for a kiss. I flick his nose. "You don't stop kissing me and expect me to kiss you now. Leaving you hanging is my job... Wait till tonight."

Daniel chuckles, "You know that's not going to happen." He leans in for another and I don't deny it. He pushes me against his car.

"Stop, we need to get inside to our date!" I giggle.

"Fine. Only because I love you."

Oh. My. Flipping frack fricking. God. He said it. He said the L word. I mean I love him too, but HE SAID THE L WORD!

A brief moment in Daniel's mind

Why did I say that? She hates me... Doesn't she?

"I love you too." Melanie says.

I was wrong! First time in my life I'm happy about that.

Back to Melanie

I plant a kiss on his cheek and take him by the hand. I pull him into the Melting Pot and let go of him. We walk to the counter. "Seavey. We have a reservation." Daniel says.

"You and your sister must've inherited all of the good genes." The guy at the desk says, he looks like he's about our age. "Heh. What's your name?"

I look at his name tag. "Melanie. And listen here, uhm Clark. Daniel here, isn't my brother, he's my boyfriend. I'd appreciate if you would just show us to our table and let us enjoy our date."

"Nah., I think you just don't have a good reason to not go on a date with me."

"Listen here, Carter." Daniel says sternly.

"Clark."

"Melanie isn't my sister. We don't look alike. We don't have any blood relation. Show us to our table or let me see the manager."

"Ok... Follow me." Clark leads us both to a booth with a pot on it.

"Ok, if you haven't been here before..."

"We have. We are already p.o.ed let us order I'm starving." I say.

"Fine. What do you want, Melanie?"

"Some steak or whatever to cook in the pot thingy."

"Ok... Boyfriend dude?"

"Same as her."

"Drinks?"

"Water with a lime please." I say.

"Water with a lemon." Daniel says.

"Ok. It'll be out sometime soon."

"Jesus he was annoying. Take a hint though." I say, annoyed.

"It's alright. I know you're all mine." he says, leaning across the table. I lean in for a kiss. "All yours." I say.

I kiss him. Again. And again. And again. And again... Couple more. About three more...

"AHEM!"