Chapter 20

(A Week And .5 Later(Mel Got Released a .5 a week ago))

"Daaaannniiii!!" I run to him and jump, wrapping my legs and arms around him. "I haven't seen you since... Yesterday!" He wraps his arms around my waist and our lips connect. I kiss him once, twice, and three times before he puts me down. His arm snakes around my waist, and I lean into him as we walk into the school.   

I grab my things out of my locker, kiss Dani goodbye, and walk to the first period. I sit down in my seat beside Zach and take out my books. "Morning, Melanie." Zach says, and I reply, "Morning!"
"Do you know where Daniel's been staying for the past week and a half? He hasn't been coming home." Zach asks.
"Oh, I thought he would have told your parents! He's been staying at my house. Helping me remember to take my medications, cuddling with me, and most importantly making sure Bean starts to like him again!"
"Why? Are you guys like a thing now?" Zach asks nosily.
" Yes, maybe, I don't know. It's not really official though... I mean he takes me out for coffee and ice cream, and we cuddle, and we make out, and he sleeps in my bed... It's kind of like old times, except like dates and not just sex... And there is some actual love mixed in there so, yeah."
"Oh, ok..." Zach says, looking disappointed.
"Are you alright? Like did I say something that offended you?"
"Nothing offended me. I'm just disappointed."
"What did I say that disappointed you? I'm sorry!"
"It's not what you did say... It's what you didn't..." Zach gets up and leaves, and I'm just sitting here confused. I hear someone whisper behind me, "Trying to hook up with someone when she has a boyfriend? Just like when she hooked up with Jack while dating Jonah. She thinks she can get away with hooking up with her boyfriend's stepbrother! What a whore."
I whip my head around to see two guys chuckling to each other. "Excuse you, it's not very nice to talk about people behind their backs... Literally." I say calmly.
"How much do I have to pay you to hook up with me, sweetheart?" one of the guys' jokes.
I decide to stay calm, "I don't work at a brothel or a strip club. I'm not a prostitute. But you would like it if I was, considering you'll never get laid. I was simply talking to one of my best friends, who happens to be my boyfriend's stepbrother. No big deal." I look back at the board and the bell rings. Zach hasn't come back yet... I wonder what was wrong...

*(Lunch)

We are waiting for Zach and Dani, who are in the lunch line. "Why are you back with Daniel? He was such a dick to you and Rebecca." Karen says.
"KAREN! What have I told you about supporting Melanie's decisions! And Daniel apologized. Old Daniel wouldn't do that. I actually believe Dani has changed, too." Rebbeca responds.
"Yeah, Daniel is awesome. He's been taking care of me so well, he actually loves me guys, and when I say I love him I'm not lying for once."
"Awww, she's in love Karen, SHE IS IN LOVE!!!" Becca grabs Karen's shoulders and shakes her violently. Daniel and Zach finally come to the table, sitting in their usual spots. Zach beside Karen, and Dani beside me. Dani steals one of my chips and I bop him upside the head. "oUcH tHaT hUrT!"
"Gimme my chip!!!!" I reach for it but then he stuffs it in his mouth. "You're so mean!" I cross my arms and pout, but then take a handful of his french fries and stuff them in my mouth. Then he takes my grape juice box (You never grow out of juice boxes, Lunchables, or GoGurt. Its a fact, my mom drinks juice boxes and she's 44... But to be fair so do I soooo.), and drinks it all. I steal his apple juice box and he screams, "NOT THE APPLE JUICE!" I slowly bring the straw to my mouth, without breaking eye contact, and drink it all. "I hate you." Daniel jokes, and I caress his cheek and say, "You love me." He cups my cheek and says, "I do," he starts leaning in, and I start leaning in, too. A piece of bologna is chucked at Dani and me, and it hits us flat in the face. "EW! PROCESSED MEAT!" I rip it off of my face and drop it on the table. "Karen, we all know it was you. You are the only one here that eats the disgusting thing called processed meat." Daniel glares at Karen and she simply responds, "It was me, Dannyboy. I told you about a month and a half ago that you don't need to be kissing Melanie all the time."
"What, like this?" I tease, and I smash my lips into Daniels, and he almost immediately licks my bottom lip.  I open my mouth a bit, and his tongue starts exploring my mouth. "Alright! That's enough! You better stop before I throw my stale mini muffins at you!" We pull away and I rest my forehead on his. "I love you, so much Melanie..." Daniel whispers. "I love you more, Dani," I whisper back. He kisses my forehead and the bell rings. "Dang, how long were Dani and I kissing?" I ask Becca.
"About five minutes."
"WHAT!? IT FELT LIKE THIRTY SECONDS!"
"That's love for ya."
"How do you know what love feels like? You don't have a mans!"
"I have a crush! I'm in love! Omg, he's like so hot!"
"Spill the tea sis!" We are walking to our lockers now, so none of our friends are around us, because their lockers are on like, the other side of the school for some reason.
"I like Zach..." Rebecca mumbles.
"OMG, I SHIP! I SHIP!!!" I scream and Becca covers my mouth. I rip her hand off of my mouth and say, "Ask him out! You need to!"
"No! I'm too scared."
"Nope! Ask him out or I will for you!"
"Fine!!"

*(After 7th Period)

I'm packing up my stuff, and I'm about to go out in the parking lot when I see an amazing sight. Zach and Becca... Holding hands. I squeal and rush over to them. "MY SHIP HAS SAILED! BEHOLD ZECCA!" I scream and everyone looks our way, and Zach's cheeks get even rosier, and Becca hides behind Zach. I run before I can get attacked, and I bump into Daniel. "SAVE ME DANI! ZACHY IS GOING TO KILL ME!" I scream, hugging Daniel. "What did you do this time?"
"Zachy and Becca are dating and I screamed their ship name when I was beside them and everyone is staring at them now..." I blurt out.
"Shit, I can't save you from him now... But I can try." Daniel throws me over his shoulder and runs out into the parking lot. I scream, because if I fall while he's running, I'll be back in the hospital, Daniel will be in the grave, and Bean will be in jail for murder.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Aight. In the next 10 chapters I will be wrapping it up! There will still be drama, but not as much. HELLO NATALIE!

I know you really didn't want Dani and Melanie to get back together... But I'm sorry bestie/fellow Satan spawn/partner in crime/ person I totally didn't kill 30 people and bury them under my shed with sCrEw YoU