Chapter 19

I groan and flip my pillow. When did my sheets get so thin? What is that beeping sound? Why does my body hurt so much...? 
"Guys, she's awake!" someone whisper-yells, and I sit up and open my eyes. Sadie, Gracie, Daniel, Zach, Karen, Becca... And Jonah.
"Why are you guys watching me sleep? Give me some privacy!" I say, but not too loudly, my head hurts enough.
"Melanie..." Jonah walks up to my bed and grabs my hand. "You got into a car crash... The doctors say you're lucky to be alive."
"Ok. Go away. I've probably caused you even more hurt than I already have before." 
"Alright... Uhh... Get well soon..." Jonah mumbles and walks out. I start crying as soon as the door.
"Karen, Becca! Go comfort her! Sadie needs to go home..." Gracie whisper-yells. Sadie is probably asleep on Gracie.
"I can't! Becca is asleep on me!" Karen whisper-yells.
"Fine! Boy-best-friend and ex-boyfriend! I choose you! Use comfort!"  Gracie whisper-yells like she is choosing a pokemon or whatever. And she calls me a nerd...
"I realize we are the last resorts but I will still try!" Zach pretends to be hyped. Daniel doesn't complain and I just open my arms for a hug. Daniel fills my arms, and I cry into his chest.
"Melanie, what happened?" Zach asks me, rubbing my back.
"I-I... I broke up w-with J-Jonah..." I struggle to verbalize it. I don't know if I can't speak because I'm crying or something is wrong with my body.
"Poor child..." Zach says, continuing to rub my back. Daniel kisses my forehead and pulls away from my hugs.
"Daaaannniiiiii!!!" I whine, my arms still open. Daniel hugs me again, and I lay my head on his chest.

Daniel's POV

Everyone has left but Zach and me. Either Zach doesn't want to leave me with Melanie, or he wants to prove something. I can't really leave because one: Melanie is asleep hugging me, and two: I still fucking love her. I cheated on her because at the moment I had no feelings for her, I was just using her for popularity. I just want to kiss her, cuddle with her, and tell her I love her. She doesn't love me anymore though. I lay her down on her hospital bed and try to go sit in a chair but my arm is grabbed. "Daniiii... I wanna snuggllllle!" Melanie whines.
"I don't think I deserve your snuggles, Melanie," I whisper, just loud enough for her to hear.
"I don't care! I want snuggles!" Melanie yells, attempting to pull me into the bed, but considering her lack of upper body strength, her tiredness, and the fact that she is recovering by a near-fatal car crash, I barely move. 
"I can cuddle!" Zach says, excitedly. Dude, I've never seen Zach this excited for something...
"NO! I said snuggles! And I want Dani's snuggles!!!!" Melanie yells.
"Melanie, you need to rest and be quiet. You might wake the other patients." I respond calmly.
"I WILL BE QUIET WHEN I GET SNUGGLES AND KISSES!" Melanie screams.
"I will give you snuggles but not kisses. I definitely don't deserve your kisses."  I pull back the thin sheets on the hospital bed and get in. She wraps her arms around my neck and buries her face into the crook of my neck. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her closer to me.
"I fucking missed this," I whisper. 
"Well, I fucking missed this..." Melanie looks up and connects her lips with mine. I pull away, "Melanie, you just broke up with someone, you got in a car crash, and now you're kissing me right now. I'm not going to take advantage of your vulnerability."
"You're not! I still love you... I love you so fucking much,"
"Damn it... Melanie... I don't deserve you. You are such an amazing person and you deserve the world. I'd do anything to deserve you. I never have and never will."
"Dani, I don't care if you don't deserve me. Because you do, I'm the most fucked up person I've ever met... Neglecting my parents."
"Melan-" she cuts me off with a passionate kiss. I don't push her away. Our lips mold together, and my hand goes to the back of her head, deepening the kiss. I lick her bottom lip and she grants me entrance almost immediately.  My tongue explores her familiar mouth, and my hand moves from her waist to the middle of her back, pressing her body against mine. God, I missed this, so damn much. She pulls away and rests her forehead on mine. "What is with you and breaking up with some guy and then making out with another a couple of hours later?" Zach says to Melanie behind us.
"I guess I'm hotter when I'm heartbroken," Melanie responds, twirling a piece of hair between two of her fingers. "Aight, you got to leave. I have to sleep. It creeps me out if people watch me while I sleep. Creepy ass people." Zach gets up and I try to leave push she pushes me back down. "Excuse you, sir. I'm not done with snuggles. I want to snuggle all night!" Melanie snuggles up to me and closes her eyes. I kiss her forehead and lean back on the pillow, drifting off to sleep.

*

Melanie's POV

I wake up in a bed that's not mine... A shirt that's not mine... No bra... And arms around my waist. OOooooOOoh sHiT. Did I get more drunk than usual and hook up with someone last night? I mean my legs don't hurt so... Either they small (lol), I'm cuddling with someone PG, OR... I don't know.  I look over and... OH FUCK! I'M CUDDLING WITH DANI! Last time I remember his sheets weren't this thin. I squirm trying to get out of his grasp, but he pulls me closer to him. He kisses my forehead and says, "Where do you think you're going?"
"Away from my ex-boyfriend. And that's one raspy morning voice you got there."
"You were the one screaming for snuggles and kisses last night. That led to making out and falling asleep beside me. Also, you confessed your undying love for me. I mean, I can't blame you." Daniel smirks.
"Oh, yeah. I remember I don't hate you anymore now."
"So I was thinking, when you get out of the hospital, do you wanna go on a date?"
"Sure, but Bean might attempt to kill you..."
"I'm fine with that," he chuckles and leans in. I smile and close the distance between our lips.
"WHOA WHOA WHOA, THERE! THE FUCK ARE YOU TWO DOING?" We pull away and look at the doorway. Bean, Gracie, and Sadie are standing there. 
"Sadie, and Gracie, get out, so you don't need to see what's about to happen to Daniel."
"I HAVE A BETTER QUESTION!" Sadie screams, "WHY ARE YOU MAKING OUT WITH A HOT GUY WHEN YOU LITERALLY HAVE A HOTTER GUY AS A BOYFRIEND?! AND HELLO DANIEL, LAST TIME I HEARD, MELANIE, GRACIE, AND CORBYN HATED YOU!"
"Hello, you must be the infamous Sadie, Ryan won't stop talking about," Daniel says, waving at Sadie.
"Sadie you may not have heard, but I broke up with Jonah... Because since we have been dating, his grades have been going down, and he punched a dude, because of me, and he got kicked off of the basketball team because of that. I was causing him too much hurt. AAaaaannnnd I may or may not like Dani still..."
"Like? Last night you proved otherwise." Daniel smirks, and Corbyn looks even madder.
"SAY WHAT NOW? DID YOU GUYS FUCK OR SOMETHING!?" Corbyn yells.
"QUIET DOWN! THERE ARE CHILDREN IN THIS HOSPITAL, INCLUDING ONE YOU'RE LIVING WITH!" Gracie yells and bops Corbyn in the head.
"WE DID NOT DO THE DIRTY!" I yell, knowing Gracie won't bop me in the head when I'm in a hospital.
"Yeah, she just confessed her undying love for me," Dani adds.
"NOT, making this any better, Dani," I bop him upside the head, and he proceeds to kiss my jawline.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Is Dani and Melmel going to get back together?

Idk I'm still deciding.

I STILL NEED TO INCORPORATE ZACHY IN HER LOVE LIFE TOO! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

-Mia