Prologue

Age 11

I found this guy on YouTube named Luke, and he was a really good singer. He was 11 and the same age as me, and I have to say, I thought he was more than "pretty cute".

I am Maddison Paige Higgins and I was eleven years old at the time, when I found Luke on YouTube. My birthday is on July 7, 1996.

My dad died when I was 3, so it was just my brother Logan, my sister Danielle, my mom, and me.

My mom, whose name is Sadie, and I are best friends. We do anything and everything together. I tell her everything, and she tells me everything. She is 28, so she had me when she was 17. It's weird to say that my mom is my second-best friend (I'll tell you about my best friend later), but I say it anyways. We are so close.

Logan is my older brother, and he is 14, so my mom had him when she was 14, and she dropped out of school after getting pregnant. Logan gets really protective of me. He's like a dad to me because I grew up without a dad.

Danielle was born a few days after my dad died, and she is 8. She looks up to me, for some reason. That's probably because I'm popular.

I was considered popular, if that's a thing in 6th grade, at any school I went to. I say "any school I went to" because we moved around a lot.

My mom has a job where we move all over the world. I've lived (in order) Denver, Japan, Paris, London, Ireland, Alaska, Chile, and last, we lived in Denver, Colorado where we'd lived for a year and where I lived when I was little.

I know lots of different languages. I speak partially-fluent Japanese, quite fluent French, completely fluent Spanish, and of course fluent English. That's impressive for only 11, at least all my teachers say.

My mom said that we wouldn't be moving around much more, but I didn't believe her. She'd said that every time.

My best friend is Saige Lexi Jenner. Saige and I had been through everything together. I did move around a lot, but we met when I lived in Denver as a kid. We skyped every day, and I was finally back in Denver with her!

My boyfriend's name is Walker. He's a year older than me, which means he's in 7th grade and 12.

Walker was, what I considered in sixth grade, "really awesome". He was one of the popular kids in 7th grade. He invited me to every single Middle School Dance our school had.

Soon came a surprise in my life, and I know it's such a cliche, but that surprise completely changed my life forever.

~

Hey everyone! I know that if you've read this before May 2016, you might remember it differently. In May 2016, I edited this whole story (and it is still being edited), so if you're reading it again, it may be a little different from the original, but the main plot will be the same. Hope you guys enjoy!

Also, Add me on snapchat! @irwinxx5sos

-Lizzie xx