Chapter 26 - The Baby

A few days later, on May 3rd, it was 10:30pm and my phone rang. Ashton's face was on the screen to indicate that he was calling. I hit accept, then his face got bigger.

"Hey Ash" I said.

"Hey babe" he said back.

"Anything new with you or the boys?"

"Not really, but I wanted to call you now so I wouldn't forget."

"What do you mean 'wouldn't forget'"

"We have an all-day long meeting today, and we probably won't get home until 11 or somewhere around there. I wanted to talk to you quick, but we have to leave in a few minutes"

"Oh okay. I'm glad you did call"

"I am too. Anything new with you or the baby?"

"Nope. Perfectly fine" But I lied, then said, "but I thought of one thing: I have a big head and you have a big head, so our baby will probably have a big head"

"Yeah.. Sorry about that.." He giggled.

"Ashton!! Let's go!!" Michael yelled.

"Just let me finish talking to Madds" Ashton said back.

"Ooo! Maddie, get Saige!" Michael ordered.

"Saige!! Come here! Michael wants you!" I yelled to Saige, and she came running down the stairs.

"Hi babe" Michael said.

"Hi Mikey" Saige smiled.

"Michael, we have to go!!" Ashton said to Michael, mocking what Michael had said earlier.

"Okay, bye babe" Michael said to Saige.

"Bye Mikey"

"Bye babe. Talk to you tomorrow" Ashton said to me.

"Bye Ash" And I hung up.

I fell asleep at 11:45 that night, thinking about how tired Ashton must be. I slept for a few hours, then woke up at 4:30 the next morning with contractions. They were now less than 30 minutes apart. I called for Saige, but she didn't hear me. The second time I yelled, I heard a bang and a crash, but then Saige ran into my room.

"Maddie, what do you need?" She asked.

"Saige, I think I'm going into labor"

"Oh my god, Maddie, we need to get you to the hospital," she started helping me out of bed, "and we need to call Ashton"

"No, Saige, don't you dare call Ashton. He is in a really important meeting. When he calls tomorrow, we'll tell him"

"Fine"

*Saige's POV*

Maddie told me not to call Ashton. I didn't. I texted him. I wanted to surprise Maddie with Ashton being there. I get he was in a really important meeting, but this is his child being born! His first child, especially.

*Ashton's POV*

I was in the meeting, and at 12:37 specifically, I got a text from Saige.

From Saige:

I think Maddie is going into labor. I'm taking her to St Vincent's Hospital. Come quick, Ashton!!!!

I started running out of the room and down the hallway of the building. While I was, I texted Saige back:

To Saige:

Oh my god, I'll be ther as soon as possibe. Sorry if the words are wronf I'm runing down the hallway now. I'll catch the nex t flight to Sydney!!! See you soon!!!!!!