Chapter 15 - Going Home

It was six days later, on August 10th, and the boys had a show in Los Angeles, then we got to go home for a little over a month until they had a show in Adelaide, Australia on September 23rd. I couldn't wait to see my mum, Logan, and Danielle! I couldn't wait to update them! I wanted to see Katie too. I needed to fill her in on everything that had happened.

It was 6:30, and the show started at 6. I was talking to Talia at the side of the stage. The boys were just finishing up.

"So, I won't see you until September 23rd?" Talia asked, knowing the answer.

"Yeah," I said while nodding. "You could visit if you want! I'll give you my address!"

"That won't work. I have to work a little bit, then go home. But I don't know what to do about Calum"

"Where do you live?"

"London.."

"Oh, yeah, that's right."

At that moment, the boys ran off the stage. Ashton came over to me and pecked me on the lips. Calum came over to Talia and took her away. Ashton looked down at me, and he asked, "Are you about ready to go home?"

I replied, "Yeah," then smiled. The boys went back to the dressing room, but I saw one missing: Calum. Talia was missing too.

Ashton, Michael, and Luke came out of the dressing room about ten minutes later, ready to go home.

"Where the fuck is Calum?" Michael asked.

"Why don't you ask Talia?" I said.

"Oh, where's Talia?" He wondered.

"With Calum, dumbass" Ashton said.

"Oh. Oh! Ew," Michael made a face. I looked at Ashton and smiled then laughed.

Calum came out of the bathroom with Talia behind him. I ran over to her, and said, "Talia Jennifer Evans!"

"What?"

"I know what you and Calum were doing.."

"How'd you know?"

"Talia, it's obvious.. Was it your first time?"

"Maybe.."

"Talia, I told you when it happened for me."

"Well, we've had sex once before. But I was a virgin before that."

"You go, Tals!"

"Maddie, I think you need to go," she said, gesturing over to the boys who were watching us from the other side of the room.

"Okay, I'll see you soon!"

"Bye," she smiled and waved. I ran off to the boys, and we left for the airport.

------

We'd just landed in Sydney, and Ashton and I were on our way to my house. We arrived at my house, and I used my key that I still had. My mum turned around when she heard the door open, and I could see that she was crying. Logan was sitting next to her, and rubbing her back. They walked over to us fast, and my mum engulfed me in a hug.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Honey, Danielle, she, well," she started, but I interrupted her.

"Mom, what are you trying to say?" I wondered.

"Danielle has glioblastoma, which is a type of brain cancer," she told me, and my mouth dropped open.

"How'd you find out?"

"We'd been wondering for awhile, and we finally went to the doctor's, and they told us that she's in Stage 4."

"How long is she expected to live?"

"They said in her condition, nine to ten months. They're not gonna do any treatments, because whatever they do, it can't help at this stage."

"Where is she?" I asked aggressively.

"She's in her room," Mom pointed upstairs.

I ran up to her room and saw her sleeping in her bed. I decided not to wake her, but I laid down beside her, and draped my arm across her stomach. She was 14 and short. She was about 5 feet tall. I was about 7 1/2 inches taller than her, so when I laid down next to her, her head was against my chest. I laid there for about 10 minutes until Ashton came in. He sat down beside the bed. Danielle woke up, and turned around. She looked at me for a minute then hugged me tight.

"I heard," I told her.

She cried into my chest, and I felt so bad. She was only 14, so why was this happening? She deserved a longer life than this. She could've accomplished way more.

"I want to go downstairs and talk to Mum," she told me.

"Okay," I agreed.

We walked downstairs, and they talked for a bit. This wasn't what I was expecting to come home to. After 30 minutes, Ashton and I had left to see his mum, Lauren, and Harry. I slept great that night because of jet lag. I was still a little jet lagged the next day, but I was fine after the next night. I liked being back home.

~

Just a little update for y'all:)

-Lizzie xx