Chapter 30 - Tests and Fights

October 7, 2014

Colby was now 5 months old. He "talks" to me a lot more now. The last time Ashton was here was towards the end of August, but he was only here for about three or four days. I miss him a lot, but he was going to be home soon because the tour was over. I made sure to either call or FaceTime him every other day. Colby is used to him, he knows him, but I want to make sure he always knows and doesn't forget what daddy looks like or what daddy sounds like. He always has a five minute or more "conversation" with daddy on the phone. He knows that Ashton is on speed dial #1 on my phone. He calls Ashton and talks to him if I leave him in the living room to go to the bathroom and I leave my phone on the coffee table. He just looks at my phone, presses one, then Ashton picks up and they start talking. I'll be in the bathroom, and I'll hear babbling. That's when I know Colby's on the phone with Ashton.

-

Colby was at Anne Marie's for the day, and I was standing in line at the grocery store. I was buying pregnancy tests. I was having symptoms of pregnancy, and Ashton and I had sex a few weeks ago, so there was a possibility I could be pregnant, but I didn't want to be. I paid for them and took them home immediately. I walked into the bathroom connected to our bedroom, took them, and waited. I waited the five minutes like the last time. This time, I had only gotten two, a cheap and an expensive. I walked into the bathroom after the five minutes were up. I picked both tests up and read positive and positive: 5 weeks.

"Fuck.." I said, throwing the tests onto the floor. I ran my hands through my hair, wondering what to do. I just sat onto the toilet seat, crying into my knitted infinity scarf. I saw my diamond bracelet on my wrist and thought of Ashton. He had gotten it for me for our birthday when he flew home for the day. It reminded me of him so much. I was thinking of him too much. How would he react? Colby was only 5 months.. I didn't want to have another baby. Ashton and I weren't even married yet, and we would have two kids. I was so scared. We would have a fourteen month old, and a baby.. That would be hard. Especially since Ashton is away. I'd be home alone with a fourteen month old and a brand new baby. I didn't know how to tell Ashton when he got home. I was eighteen and Ashton was twenty, and we would have two kids.. That's bad. We can't even find time to get married because of Ashton's schedule, never mind another baby. This can't be happening.

All those things were rushing through my head, and suddenly, I heard the doorbell ring. I picked up the pregnancy tests and laid them on the dresser beside the door in our room. I then ran downstairs and to the door. Slowly, I opened the door, and there stood Ashton. My jaw dropped. I hugged him, and he gave me a peck on the lips after saying he missed me.

"I missed you too babe" I whispered.

"Where's Colby?"

"At your mum's house"

"Oh. Okay"

"You'll get to see him later tonight, and a lot after that since the tour is over"

"Yeah.. I'll still have practice and recordings and writing sessions with the boys, but I'll get to see him a lot more since I'm not on tour.." He paused and turned to me, "and I'll get to see a lot more of you" he finished and raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah" I agreed, not wanting to tell him yet, "and Ashton.."

"Yeah Madds?" I was going to tell him, but decided it wasn't the right time yet. I came up with something else to change the subject.

"I was wondering, are you singing more solos now?"

"I guess, why?"

"um, because I love your voice a-and I think you should get more solos than you have."

"Thanks babe... And I've never heard you sing,"

"I don't really sing.."

"Babe, anyone can sing if they try"

"I'm not going to, okay?"

"Okay.. I'm gonna go unpack.."

"I'll be in the living room."

He walked up the stairs, and I sat down on the couch again thinking about the pregnancy.

*Ashton's POV*

I walked up the stairs with my bags and opened our bedroom door. I walked in, sat my bags on the bed, then looked back at the dresser. I thought I saw something weird. I walked towards it, and realized there were two pregnancy tests, a positive and a positive: 5 weeks. I then realized something wrong. The last time I came home, it was five weeks ago. The last time Madds and I had sex was five weeks ago.. Maddie was pregnant. Again.

"Maddie!" I called, but no answer.

"Maddison!!" Still no answer.

"MADDISON!!!" She still wasn't fucking answering.

"MADDISON PAIGE HIGGINS GET YOUR ASS UP HERE RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!"

I heard footsteps running up the stairs. Maddie opened the door, and I was there, holding the pregnancy tests.

"What are these?" I asked her.

"They're pregnancy tests, Ash"

"Yeah, but what are they doing just laying on the fucking dresser being fucking positive!!?!?"

"But it's your baby.."

"I know, but we can't have two fucking babies around here!! Colby is only five months old, and you're five weeks pregnant with our second?!? That's crazy!!!"

"Ash.. I don't-"

"Madds, I just need some time to think, okay?" I said, trying to calm down.

"Ash, babe. It'll be okay"

"No it won't. You're are eighteen and I'm twenty years old. We'll have two kids, and I'll be away.. It's- we can't do this"

"Ash- BABE JUST LET ME-"

"NO! I NEED TIME TO THINK OKAY!?!????! NOW GET OUT!!" I shut the door on her and locked it. We couldn't handle two babies..