Chapter 23 - Christmas

December 24. Christmas Eve. The exciting night for every kid. Ashton and I's first Christmas. Our last Christmas without the baby. The one-week anniversary of moving into the house.

It was Christmas Eve, and I was a little over twenty weeks along. About the pregnancy, I've been having weird cravings like lemons, sour patch kids, and potato chips. Another weird thing is that I have really cold feet, and I wear socks all the time except when I go to sleep. Also, in two days, we have a checkup for if we want to know the sex of the baby. I'm not sure that I want to know the sex. I want to find out at the birth. But I'm not sure about Ashton.

Ashton says that he hopes that I like his main present, that it's not the best. But come on, what present from Ashton isn't great? As I mentioned earlier, we have been in the house for a week now. I love living alone with Ashton.

On Christmas morning, which is the next morning, Ashton will drive me to my house for Christmas with my family, then he'll drive to his house for Christmas with his family. In the afternoon, we'll have Calum, Talia (who now decided to come and live with Calum! Yay!), Luke, Katie, Michael, and Saige over at Ashton's and my house for a little 5SOS Christmas Party!! Then, in the evening, Ashton said that we were going out for dinner.

------

The next morning, I woke up at 5:30 because Ashton was right next to me, poking my shoulder. I woke up, turned towards him, and gave him an annoyed look. "What?" I asked.

"It's Christmas!" He whispered like a little kid.

"Yeah, but did you have to wake me up at 5:30?"

"Somebody's grumpy on Christmas"

I pecked his lips then said, "I'm not grumpy"

He put his one hand on my face, and pulled my face in. Our lips moved in sync and our tongues collided. He smiled into the kiss, then giggled, forcing us to stop. "Merry Christmas, Baby" He whispered, and the baby kicked a little bit. I put my hands over my stomach, and Ashton looked at me worriedly.

"Babe, are you okay? What's the baby doing?" He asked.

"Kicking, a little" I told him.

"Might be excited that it's Christmas,"

"Or telling us to stop making out"

"I don't care, just kiss me"

------

When I woke up later, it was 7:15, and I got dressed and got into the car next to Ashton. We drove off to my mum's place, I gave Ashton a quick kiss, and he watched me go to the door, then left for his mum's house. I was wearing shorts and a nice, big, t-shirt because: 1) it's warm out, unlike Christmas some other places, and 2) I'm wearing the big shirt because I'm almost grown out of my regular shirts. I walked into the living room, and Danielle was sitting by the Christmas tree while mum and Logan were sitting on the couch. Mum had her camera, and she was using it to take pictures of Danielle open her presents. I went next, and there was lots of clothes, and I was happy because they were bigger and I would be getting bigger and growing out of most of my clothes. Logan went, then there were a few presents for mum. The one, Logan and I went together to get. It was a charm bracelet with a few charms on it: one that said "mum", one that said "grandma", one with a blue baby rattle on it (because Layla, who is now 24 weeks, and Logan are having a boy), one with an "s" on it for her name, and then there was room for a blue or pink baby rattle for our baby, then room for anymore charms she wanted. She was unwrapping and opening the box and Logan and I were just all smiles. She looked at it, then her mouth dropped open.

"Guys, this is amazing!!" She exclaimed.

"thanks. We wanted to get you something you'd really like" I said to her.