Chapter 27 - Hospital

"Ashton?" I asked, surprised.

"Hey babe" Ashton smiled.

"Surprise!" Saige said, walking over to Ashton.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"Well, you said 'don't you dare call Ashton. He's in an important meeting' but 1) I didn't call him, I texted him, and 2) who cares if it's an important meeting, his baby is being born!"

"Thanks Saige"

"Your welcome"

Ashton walked over to me and said, "Can I hold him?"

"Ashton, it's your baby. Of course" I laughed while handing Colby to Ashton.

"He's so tiny"

"Yeah"

Colby looked up at Ashton and giggled.

"Hi Colby. It's daddy" Ashton whispered to Colby, and he giggled once again.

"I think he likes me" Ashton looked at me.

"Yeah, and he looks exactly like you." I said, then Ashton giggled, but then Colby started crying.

"Madds.." Ashton seemed scared. He didn't want to hurt him.

"Don't worry Ashton, he's probably just hungry. I'll feed him. Give him here"

"I guess I'll leave then.." Saige said, and walked out.

I laughed, and began to feed Colby. He wasn't sure what to do at first, but then he got the hang of it.

"Babe.."

"Yeah Ash?"

"I'm glad Colby is here"

"Same here" I smiled and looked down at Colby.

A few minutes later, Colby was done, so I put him over my shoulder and patted him on the back until he burped. I brought him back down, and Ashton said, "babe, you get some rest. I'll hold Colby"

"Okay, I will sleep, but put him in the bassinet. I don't want him to get used to being held"

"But I want to hold him.."

"Ashton, you can hold him, just not a lot"

"Okay"

I handed Colby to Ashton, then fell asleep.

*Ashton's POV*

I was so glad that Colby was here, and I bet Madds was really happy. She didn't have to carry him around anymore. But now I was the one that wanted to carry him around. I loved holding him. He fell asleep in my arms, so I laid him right on top of Madds. I took a picture or two (pictures will be to side or up top if mobile), but then picked him back up and put in in the bassinet. He gripped onto my finger and wouldn't let go. I tried to pull my finger out of his grip, but he still wouldn't let go. I guess he liked to play with my fingers like his mummy.

Logan came in a few minutes later and asked to hold Colby. He said that he hadn't held him yet. I told him he could on one condition, he helped me with the nursery to surprise Madds. He said okay, then I got Colby out of the bassinet and handed him to Logan.

"He's really tiny, unlike Jackson now" Logan told me.

"Yeah. He only weighs 6 pounds 5 ounces."

"Mhm. Now, what do you want me to help you with?"

"I want to go shopping and get a crib, changing table, dresser, rocking chair, and other stuff for the nursery, then help me paint the walls, and all that stuff. I want the nursery to be done before Madds and Colby can go home. I'm gonna ask Michael, Luke, and Calum to help too when they come home. I want to be in the hospital with Madds most of the time, so it'll probably be just you and the boys"