Chapter 16 - Positive

It was now September 6, and we were still in Sydney. Ashton and I had slept together in my old room, where we first kissed. My period was about 4 days late, and it was hardly ever irregular. This worried me.

I walked out into the kitchen to see Ashton helping my mum make breakfast. "Hey babe. Good morning," Ashton said, looking up at me.

"G'Morning. I'm going to the store. I'll be back in about 15 minutes, okay?" I informed them.

"Okay, sweetie," my mum said.

I got to the store, and just like last time, I picked up 3 tests: 2 cheaper, and one more expensive one. After I paid, I put the test boxes in my bag so my mum and Ashton couldn't see them. I arrived home, and I took the tests. I then sat in my room for five minutes, exactly like last time. I walked back into the washroom, and picked up the tests.

Cheap #1 - Positive

Cheap #2 - Positive

Expensive - Positive: 4 1/2 weeks

I guess I'm pregnant.

I needed to find a way to break the news to Ashton. I didn't want to just go up to him and say, "Hey Ash, I'm pregnant," but I didn't want to wait until I'm almost 5 months or something. I needed to tell him soon.

I went out into the kitchen where my mum was doing he dishes, and Ashton was finishing up his breakfast.

"Hey babe, I didn't notice you were back! What did you go to the store for?" Ashton asked when he saw me.

I needed to think of something quick, so I answered, "Girl stuff."

"Oh, okay," he replied, nodding. Hm.. it worked.

I sat down to now-cold eggs and bacon. I sighed then put them in the microwave, and typed in 30 seconds. I heard Ashton put his plate and fork in the dishwasher behind me, then felt two arms snaking around my waist. He pulled me closer to him and rested his chin on my shoulder so he could whisper into my ear, "You okay, babe?"

"What?" I whispered back.

"You said that you went to the store for 'girl stuff'. Are you okay?" He repeated.

"Um, yeah, I guess," I responded.

"Okay.."

I heard the microwave ding, then I opened the door and pulled out my now-hot eggs and bacon. I sat down at the counter and started eating. I took about 5 minutes to eat, then I put my plate and fork in the dishwasher. I walked upstairs into my room, and Ashton wasn't there. I looked around the house for him, but didn't see him. I didn't see or hear him leave. I called his phone, and it rang from on top of my my dresser. I hung up the phone, and I just flopped back onto my bed. 10 minutes later, I heard the front door closing loudly. I ran down the stairs and saw Ashton with a grocery bag.

"What did you get?" I asked him, looking in the bag.

"I got some chocolates, a heating pad, and a movie for you," he smiled at me.

"Babe, you didn't have to."

"Oh, but I wanted to."

"Well, thank you."

We sat down on the couch after putting the movie in, then I plugged in the heating pad and started to eat the chocolate. I felt bad that Ashton bought all of this when I wasn't even on my period. I was pregnant, though, and pregnancy is worse than periods. The movie he got was The 40-Year-Old Virgin, the one we watched right before we had sex the first time. We were halfway through the movie when my mum yelled, "Ashton, your phone it ringing!" Ashton jumped up from the couch and said, "I'll be right back, babe." He ran up the stairs. My mum then came down the stairs in front of Logan and Danielle.

"Honey, I'm going to the mall with Danielle. You'll be home with Ashton. That's okay, and I can trust you, right?" My mum said before leaving.

"Yes, mum." I replied.

"And Logan is going to a friend's house."

"Okay," I nodded, okay with everything she was saying.

"Danielle and I will be back in about 2 hours or a little more, okay?"

"Okay, mum. Bye," I said, but she had already left.

*Ashton's POV*

"Ashton, your phone is ringing!" Sadie yelled.

"I'll be right back, babe," I said to Madds before jumping off the couch.

I ran up the stairs and into Maddie's room. I got my phone from on her dresser then answered the phone.

"Hello?" I asked after picking up.

"Hi," it was Adam, "Ashton I need to talk to you about your girlfriend."

"Madds? Why?"

"I've been talking with the other management people, and they think that she might be a distraction to you too much during tour, and she might be a distraction to the other boys, Talia, and other people."

"So, what do you want me to do?"

"You need to break up with her.."

"Adam, I can't-" I started, but he cut me off.

"Ashton, it's either break up with her, or I drop the whole band, and you guys won't be going on the rest of the tour with One Direction. Understood?"

"Adam, you-" I began.

"I said, understood?" He got angry.

"Understood," I sighed and hung up.

I can't break up Maddie. I just can't. But I have to.. It's for the band. I started crying, and I fell back on Maddie's bed. I threw my phone across the room, and I didn't care if it broke. I was mad, sad, frustrated, and many other things. Maddie must've heard me throw my phone, because she came up the stairs and into her room.

"Are you okay,Ashton?" She asked me.

"Madds, I have to tell you something," I said, and she could tell I was crying.

"Were you crying?"

"Yeah, um, babe.. Adam called..."

"Mhm," she nodded, waiting for more.

"He said that he and the other management think that you are too much of a distraction for me, the other boys, and Talia."

"And?"

"I need to break up with you.."

"You can't. Ash, please, no."

"Babe, he said that I either break up with you, or he drops the whole band, and we won't go on the rest of the tour with One Direction. I can't do that to the boys."

*Maddison's POV*

Ashton started backing out of the room. I couldn't believe he was doing this. It was either me or his career, and he chose his career. But I'm pregnant, and I can't do this without him. I need to stop him.

"Ashton. No, no, no. Babe," I said.

"I'm, sorry, Madds, but it's over," he closed the door, leaving me and him crying.

"YOU DONT WANT TO BE LIKE YOUR DAD, DO YOU?!" I yelled through the door while crying, and immediately regretted it.

~

A little drama in this chapter... But I like drama in books, even though I don't like drama in real life

-Lizzie xx