Chapter 24 - New Years Eve

It was December 31st, and tonight was the Baby Shower/Engagement Party/New Years Party. Ashton and I were ready, and we had ordered cupcakes just like we said. We invited my mum, Danielle, Logan, Layla, Anne Marie, Harry, Lauren, Michael, Saige, Luke, Katie, Calum, Talia, and the 1D boys who were flying in today with Josh, Sandy, Dan, Jon (if you don't know who Josh, Sandy, Dan, and Jon are, shame on you), Adam (the boys' manager), Paul (1D's manager), Lou, and Lux.

We planned that when the guests would come in, they would write down "boy" or "girl" on a paper with their name on it, then put it in a box. Later, we would see how many people picked boy and how many people picked girl. Then, for the engagement party, we would just have a toast, and that's pretty much it. For the New Years party, we would count down till midnight. Tonight was going to be fun.

It was now 8pm, and people were starting to arrive. We had pizza (of course) for people to eat.

Once everyone was here, we made a toast to Ashton and I getting engaged, then I got out the papers and wrote down who thought what. Here were the results:

Boy: Josh, Anne Marie, Lauren, my mum, Logan, Layla, Harry, Luke, Saige, Dan, Paul, and Me.

Girl: Danielle, Harry (Styles), Michael, Katie, Louis, Calum, Talia, Niall, Sandy, Zayn, Jon, Adam, Liam, Lou (and Lux!), and Ashton.

So, in total, there were 12 people that thought it was a boy, and 16 people that thought it was a girl.

"So, babe, I guess more people think it's a girl" Ashton smirked.

"Well, I still think it's a boy" I told him.

"That's fine. Well just see who is right in a few months"

"I guess we will"

Ashton then went away to get a drink, but I told him only one until midnight, and at midnight, he could have another one, because I didn't want him drunk. He came back a few minutes later with one beer in his hand, and he opened it. He started to drink it real fast, but I reminded him he wasn't allowed another one till midnight, and so that got him to drink slower.

It was 11:58, and in another minute we would do the countdown. We watched the clock, and it ticked to 11:59. It was 11:59:50, and everyone yelled , "10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1..." Then the adults yelled, "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" Michael, Calum, Luke, Saige, Katie, Talia, the 1D boys, Josh, Danielle, Logan, Layla, Ashton, and I jumped into the pool after yelling, "HAPPY FUCKING NEW YEAR!" We had small fireworks going off in the backyard, and it was awesome. I got out of the pool, soaking wet in my bathing suit, and I went upstairs to change back into my dress (photo to side or up top if mobile). Ashton was soaking wet in his swimming trunks with a towel around his neck, and he just walked through the house to get another beer. Once I changed back into my dress, I walked downstairs and outside onto the patio. I saw that Ashton still had his swimming trunks on with only a towel wrapped around his neck and a beer in his hand.

"Hey babe," He went to hug me, but I back away.

"You're wet, Ash"

"Just hug me"

He came towards me, but I ran away. He sat his beer down to run after me. I ran around the pool, trying not to bump into people, no Ashton was running after me. He finally caught up to me, and gave me a big hug before pushing me into he pool.

"Oh, Ashton, you're going to regret doing that!!" I yelled, joking.

He reached his hand out to help me out and I grabbed it, but pulled him into pool. He fell under the water, towel and all, then once he got to the surface, he pulled me in and kissed me. I just got a really nice dress wet, but I didn't care. Tonight was amazing. It was the best.

Everyone had left, and I got all of the gifts for the baby and opened them. So,e were girl's clothes, some were boy's clothes, some were toys for girls and some were toys for boys, some were bottles, some were diapers, some were just money with a card that said, "when you know what the baby is, buy something for it. Since you don't know what it is, I didn't want to get something for the wrong gender". I put all of the stuff in the nursery that we haven't done anything to yet. All we have is a playpen for the baby to sleep in our room until we get the nursery done.

Luckily, Ashton hadn't gotten drunk, and he helped clean up. After cleaning everything up, we went to sleep after a long night. I was glad that it was 2014.

~

Sorry for the really short chapter:( I just wanted to write a chapter about the party, then have a time skip!!! So be prepared for a time skip to next chapter!!!! I really hope you liked this one!!! It took me less than 45 minutes to write, but I edited it a lot, so I hope you like it!!!!!!!!!

Also, I'm going to say in every authors note: what do you think the baby is?

A girl?

Or a boy?

Also, what do you think Calum and Talia's baby is?

A boy?

Or a girl?

Comment please!!!!!!

Thanks!! Bye!