Juggie and Betts

About two hours later they said goodbye to Pop and began walking.

- Have you texted your mom yet? Jughead asked Betty, as they stopped in front of his house.

- On it, she said while opening her phone.

Hey mom, I'm sleeping over at a friend's tonight. She was a little nervous, but sent it anyway. She then closed her phone and followed Jughead into his house. She had been in his house before, but never slept over. Suddenly she felt her phone buzz. Hey honey. Okay but don't forget to do all of your homework, go to bed early and wake up at least an hour before school! And don't forget not to eat too much, we don't want you to get any bigger, her mom wrote. She always started with a "honey" or "sweetie", even though something mean was coming up.

Betty had never really seen herself as self conscious, because she didn't like feeling victimised or weak. That was probably why she didn't want Jughead to know. Despite all that she really didn't like, when her mom commented on her weight.

- So what'd your mom say? Jughead asked while fixing the bed in the guest room.

- She said, it was okay, if I just remember to do all my homework, go to bed early and wake up an hour before school, Betty said in an annoyed tone.

- Classic Alice Cooper, Jughead laughed.

- You know Jug, you don't have to do all of this for me. I can just sleep on a mattress or the couch.

- Stop it, you're not sleeping on the couch. Besides, I like having you here.

His cute smile made her blush, and she looked away to hide her rosy cheeks. But what she didn't see was, that Jughead's cheeks were just as red. After some time, they decided to brush their teeth and change into nightwear. When she finished brushing her teeth, Betty noticed something.
- Jug, I don't have anything to sleep in!

- Just a sec! He yelled back.

Suddenly he came in without his shirt on, and Betty couldn't help but stare a little.

- You can sleep in this, he said handing her one of his long grey t-shirts with an "s" on it.

- Thank you Juggie.

He smiled when he heard the new nickname.

- You're welcome Betts, he said smiling.

- Seems as if we've both gotten new names, she giggled at him, the cutest giggle in the world he was sure.

They talked the entire night, until Jughead's dad came in and told them to go to sleep.

- Goodnight Juggie

- Night Betts, he said and walked out of the door.

Betty threw herself back on the bed and sighed while looking at the ceiling.

If only he knew, she thought, as she closed her eyes.