We're friends, right?

Betty looked at the time, 2:30 AM. Damn it, she thought. She had been awake for what felt like hours. At first she fell asleep very quickly, but then she woke up, and for some reason she just couldn't go back to sleep. She had tried everything; turning around, reading a book she brought, going to the bathroom, taking off her socks. She even tried singing herself to sleep, but nothing worked. At last she gave up and went to Jughead's room. He was sound asleep, and he looked so peaceful. She couldn't bear the thought of waking him but knew that was the only way, she would get any sleep.

- Jug? She said quietly.

- Hmmm?

- I'm so sorry I woke you, I'll just go back to my room now, she said, instantly regretting waking him.

She started to leave, when Jughead grabbed her arm.

- No Betty, it's okay. What's wrong? He asked, his voice filled with concern.

- I don't know why, but I just can't sleep, and I've literally tried everything.

- Any particular reason?

- No, I don't think so, she lied, knowing it was the fact, that she was burning inside to tell him how she felt.

She knew she couldn't, but she so desperately wanted to. The thought of her controlling and mean mother didn't exactly help either.

- Well you can sleep in here if you want? I'll just sleep on the floor then.

- No, Jug. I can't take your bed from you, besides there's plenty of space for both of us.

- Yes, but won't that be weird, he asked.

- No. I mean we're friends, right?

The word burned in her mouth, but she didn't wanna be too obvious.

- Right, he said a little disappointed, but he quickly shook it off.

She then proceeded to crawl in beside him.

- Thank you, Jug, she said yawning.

When she got no response she looked over at him and saw, that he was already sound asleep. She giggled a little to herself before closing her eyes once again.