I guess not

Jughead looked at her confused.
- You can't do what?
He asked.
- This, us
- What do you mean by us?
He asked worried.
- I'm sorry but I can't be just friends with you
Jughead couldn't believe what he had just heard. The girl he liked, the sweetest, prettiest, most amazing girl he had ever met liked him. I mean he did have a little feeling she did, but she had literally just broken up with her boyfriend. In reality he probably weren't that surprised, it was just the sound of her saying it, that caught him totally off guard.
- Wow
Was all he could say.
- And I know you don't like me that way, and that you just wanna be friends-
- Wait, I didn't say that
He said with a smile.
- What? What are you smiling at?
- I'm smiling at you
Betty didn't understand anything, of what was going on.
- What do y-
Was all she could say before she was interrupted by Jughead connecting their lips. Betty closed her eyes. Within a couple of seconds they both pulled back. Smiles on both of their faces.
- So I guess you don't wanna be just friends either
Betty said opening her eyes.
- I guess not
He said smiling at her. They both stared at each other until the bell rang.
- Time to go
Betty said with a sad smile.
- See you later?
Jughead gave her a quick kiss before heading out the door. Betty nodded and smiled to herself. She was so happy, and she couldn't believe, that something had finally happened between her and Jughead after such a long time. She was standing there smiling like a fool at the door until Veronica suddenly barged in.
- Hey B, yo- Wait why are you so happy?
She asked confused.
- Oh nothing, or I mean I guess I'm just happy
Betty lied and shrugged, standing up to face Veronica.
- By the way, me and Archie broke up last night
She said trying to act sad, even though she in fact was very happy and relieved. Veronica's mouth dropped, and she looked genuinely surprised.
- Oh my god! Tell me everything!
And so she did, while they were walking to class. Of course leaving the parts about Jughead out. She didn't want to start anymore drama between the two of them, because Veronica could be a real bitch, when she was mad, and Betty didn't want that, at all.