I'm sorry

After a little while Betty arrived at Jughead's house, only this time she wasn't mad at him at all, but at herself for believing the lies about him. She was ready to beg for him to forgive her. On the way to his house she had been practicing what to say, but when he opened the door, and she looked into his sad and cold eyes, she forgot everything.
- What are you doing here?
He asked coldly not looking at her. Betty could see the pain in his eyes as he quickly glanced at her.
- I'm sorry
Was all she said, tears starting to form in her eyes.
- I know, that you didn't try to kiss Veronica
He didn't answer, but she could see tears starting to form in his eyes as well. She could see, he had been crying, as his eyes were red and puffy. Even though it wasn't possible, it looked like his eyes got darker, sadder.
- I shouldn't have believed Veronica, when she told me, and I definitely shouldn't have accused you for that
She waited a long time for him to say anything. She was incredibly nervous. Would he reject her, shout at her? But she also had hope, that told her they could overcome everything.
- I saw you
He just said, looking into her eyes. What did he mean, he saw me? Is that a bad or a good thing?
- I saw you with Archie
He then said, and Betty froze. He came back to talk to her, he actually cared about her.
- I swear Jug, that was nothing! I was vulnerable and heartbroken, and didn't know what to do or how to feel
She tried explaining to him.
- Just tell me one thing, Betty. Did you feel anything?
- Jug I-
- For god's sake Betty, tell me the truth! Did you feel anything?!
He almost yelled at her.
- It was nothing, I promise!
Betty answered tears rolling down her cheeks.
- So you did
He scoffed, turning around and closing the door. Betty felt horrible. In reality she didn't feel anything towards Archie, she was just so sad about Jughead, it wouldn't have mattered, who it was. She went home crying, again. Within a couple of hours she fell asleep. With Jughead it was the complete opposite, he couldn't sleep. At all, not even if he wanted to. Which he did. He just wanted to forget that this ever happened, and just continue on with his life. He knew he had to face school tomorrow, which included Betty. He didn't want to at all, but knew that he had no choice whatsoever.

The next day in school, Betty wanted to talk to him, but she couldn't find him anywhere, and at one point she was even doubting he ever came. She was also very confused as Veronica hadn't tried to make a move on Jughead yet, which she was sure, she would. Veronica had planned to talk to Jughead, but had decided to wait, as she simply couldn't find him anywhere. Which was totally on purpose. Jughead knew Betty would try to talk to him, and therefore he avoided her all day, skipping the one class they had together. He was just lucky, he didn't see Veronica either. All day his plan went perfectly until he suddenly saw her. She was a mess. Her hair wasn't up in her usual ponytail, it was in a very messy bun of some kind, and her clothes wasn't bright and pink like it used to. It was grey and you could see she didn't care at all about how she looked. He thought about running the other way or hiding, when he all of a sudden got pulled into a classroom.
- Hey! What're yo-
He yelled before realising who it was.

(A/N Just reached 1k reads on this story! Which I'm like really excited about, sooooo... thank you!!! Hope you like this part with, guess what............ another cliffhanger!)