First period

Jughead opened the door to the classroom, and they both quickly sat down. Fortunately lesson hadn't started yet.

What they didn't notice was a raven-haired girl sitting in the back, her eyes glued to them. Veronica was furious. Betty had never really been into any guys, and especially not the ones she liked. Even though Betty was her best friend, Veronica couldn't stand the thought of not getting what she wanted, which at the time was Jughead. In reality she had always been the mean and spoiled rich girl. Being friends with Betty had helped her change for the better, but now she was blinded by jealousy. Right now she was forming a plan for how to split them up.

Meanwhile the teacher had divided the class into groups and fortunately for Veronica, she got paired up with Jughead. Betty was fuming, and Jughead didn't really know how to feel. He didn't really have anything against Veronica, but he would much rather work with Betty. 

She was forced to work with her cousin Cheryl. Her mom was Betty's aunt, and Cheryl was basically a mini version of Betty's mother.

- So, cousin long time no see. How are you?

Betty didn't hear her, as she was too busy starring at Veronica and Jughead.

- Excuse me?

- Oh, right. What's up?

- I was just asking you that, but you didn't seem to listen. I've seen you hanging around that Jones boy a lot lately. Does auntie know about that? Cheryl asked with the same fake smile her mother always used to make.

- No. Besides she doesn't have to, we're just working in the newspaper together, Betty insisted, her eyes still focused on the two raven-haired students in the back.

- Sure. Just remember, if I see anything other than newspaper-talk, I will tell auntie.

It was clearly a threat, although it didn't seem like it, since Cheryl just smiled.

- Of course you will Cheryl, now should we begin on the assignment?

Meanwhile Veronica was desperately trying to make a move on Jughead.

- So Jughead Jones, huh? Is that some kind of nickname or...?

- Yes, but we should really get started on the assignment now, don't you think?

He was getting rather uncomfortable and just wanted to get it over with. Across the room Betty continued to stare at them, when Cheryl wasn't looking. Suddenly she saw them laughing, while Veronica touched Jughead's arm. The sight made her frown, and she immediately turned away.

What she didn't see was Jughead backing away, while desperately trying to move Veronica's hand.

At the end of the class Betty told the teacher she wasn't feeling well, and he let her go home. She grabbed her bag and hurried out of the classroom, which Jughead noticed. She wasn't sick this morning, he thought but decided to ignore it. But later at lunch he couldn't help but miss her, when he was forced to listen to Veronicas horrible flirting. The entire day he kept reminding himself that, as soon as the day was over, he could finally get away and talk to Betty.